KaruvaLacheri Temple

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by malar_arasi, Sep 1, 2008.

1. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Can anyone give me some information about KaruvaLacheri temple in Govindapuram ?? Has anyone gone there and how do a pooja there ??

Regards,
    Malar

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

3. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Malar,
    I went to this temple last month, its a very small temple. We need to get all the puja items like ghee, beetlenut and leaves(vetrilai paaku), turmeric, kumkum, 7 turmeric pods, agarbatti, camphor, flowers. We went there and the priest asked us to get all these and got it from a nearby shop there. The priest asked me to apply some ghee in the steps(padi mozhugi) and put a small kolam there. He did archanai keeping all these items at ambal's feet and gave me the turmeric and asked me to apply the turmeric while bathing. Im applying the turmeric now. The priest didnt ask for any money, we can give what we feel. If you still have any queries feel free to ask me.

Best Wishes!!!

4. malar_arasi

Hello shany,

Thanks for the response. I first did a search and I had already had a look at the thread. I need more information like how long it takes from thanjavur and other specific information if anyone had gone there in person. I see a lots of information is available on Garabarakashamigai Temple. Similarly I wanted for this temple.

Sorry if it was a repetitive question or not asked properly. I'll be careful next time bonk.

Regards,
    Malar

5. malar_arasi

Hello Prem,

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me how did u reach there ?? How long it takes from Thanjavur ?? Can I visit both garabarakashambigai temple and this temple on the same day ?? Sadly I have only one day and I need to cover both these temples on same day. Just trying to find out if its possible. Did u also visit garabarkashambigai ??

Regards,
    Malar

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

dear malar,

It is very easy to do both karuvalacheri and garbharashambigai on the same day...provided your guide is good.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  7. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Malar,
    I took a night train from Chennai to Kumbakonam. Reached Kumbakonam by 7am, took a hotel, hired a cab and visited both Garabarkashambigai & Karuvalarcheri amman temples on the same day itself. Went to Garabarkashambigai in the morning and Karuvalarcheri amman temple in the evening, as i had 2days i also visited all the navagraha temples and many other temples aswell. You can very well make to both the temples on the same day.
    Regards,
    Prems

8. malar_arasi

Hello Prem,

Thanks for the information. Can you please give me a rough estimate about how long it takes to reach Karuvalcheri from Garbarakashamigai ?? I am also planning to visit some navagraha temples in and around. Please help me with your suggestions here as well as you had gone there recently. I checked a lot in Net for distance but its not given clearly. Most of them mention it from Kumbakonam. The problem is I need to cover these temples and return back to Trichy on the same day to catch the night train to chennai. So I trying to make the most of it.

Regards,
    Malar

9. malar_arasi

Btw, I already did a search on IL for navagraha temples and have got quite a few info. Jus asking in case you have any more information.

10. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Malar,

On the first day of our trip, I went to the Chandran(moon) temple first(this is very very far away, since we had 2 days it was ok for us) and then to the Garbarakshambigai temple and then back to the hotel, as all the temples close by 12 and open by 4pm only. We started around 9am so could visit only these 2 temples in the morning as they are bit far away. Then we again started by 3.30 in the evening and went to Karuvalarcheri amman temple and then to Guru temple and then to Rahu temple and couple of other local temples in Kumbakonam. Im really not able to tell the distance between Garbarakshambigai & Karuvalarcheri temple as i said above becoz the places and routes were totally diferrent. Guru temple is close to Karuvalacheri amman temple, u can plan and visit accordingly and try to get a good guide or cab driver bcoz they are local people and can guide you like which temple is closeby etc. In my case my cabdriver only suggested me everything regarding the routes etc.

Cheers!!!