Trying to conceive with fibroids

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Bhanvi, Jul 15, 2008.

1. kutyma

kutyma Senior IL'ite

Re: Non stop Periods for 17 days :(

Hai friends ,
    I think i am posting my question to right place.I am also having the same doubt.My sister is 33 years old married and having 7 yrs boy.Before 4 years her left ovary has been removed because of Endometriotic cyst ,But she is having her periods regularly.Now she is having fibroid s on her uterus sized 3 cm.Now she wants another child.Is this possible to her or she will have problems to pregnent.pls friends give me your thoughts regarding this.i am eagerly waiting for ur replies.Becase alreay i have posted one thread no has replied me.I know all of u very busy.pls spend atleat 5 mins to read this and give me ur suggestions.pls friendss:cheers

2. kutyma

kutyma Senior IL'ite

Hai friends,
    no reply for my question.why?i have read all the threads in these site.Many people getting answer for their queries.but i am not getting any answers.why?is there any fault in my questions.pls guide me:bowdown

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Non stop Periods for 17 days :(

HI Kutyma,
    I feel it could be possible to get another baby with fibroid. Your sis her one ovary right, naturally once in two months she will get follicle in the right ovary(i hope), once it amy take time to conceive naturally. Ask your sister to meet a gynec & check her conditions before start trying. Hope they will assist her to the betterment.
    All the best.

4. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi kutyma,
    i agree with vasumathi mam.go and check with a gyn.all d best to ur sis

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  5. RainLady

RainLady Senior IL'ite

Hi kutyma

Its possible to get pregnant with fibroid. Tell her to talk to her gynecologist. I had 2 surgery for fibroid before kids. After my second surgery I got pregnant. After 3 years from my 1st delivery I got fibroids again but I conceived with fibroid. Both the delivery was C-section. I know one of my friend got pregnant with one ovary. I hope this helps

6. kutyma

kutyma Senior IL'ite

Hai
    rainlady thank u for useful information.It gives a big hope for my sister.I will definitely ask her to go to d gyn.Thank u :thumbsup

7. redgems

redgems New IL'ite

Hello Ladies - I hope you can give me suggestions. I'm 31 years old and we're trying to get pregnant. Earlier this year, I was diagnosed with fibroids (went into the doctor because of a missed period). Due to the missed period, my doctor put me on duphaston/progesterone for a 3 month cycle which I completed. We're now trying to get pregnant but I think my fibroid is causing problems. I've put on some weight in the last few months and my eating habits have been pretty poor. I know I've got to fix this. But are you also aware of any herbal remedies for shrinking fibroids?

Thanks in advance!

8. lakshmimani184

lakshmimani184 New IL'ite

im not sure about herbal remedies. even i had fibroid twice the size of uterus and was operated by laparoscopy.

9. krk

krk Junior IL'ite

Re: pregnancy and fibroid

I gave myself a complete 11 months of time before resuming my trials. Did trials the next 2 months and conceived. During ovulation, the pain which comes is normal. One of my docs had told this to me. Infact this is one of the ways to find out the right time for trial.

I am not sure of the other pain you have. I did not have any such pain.

And yes, generally, doctors prefer C-section for delivery incase one has already undergone myomectomy, just to be very careful that the old scars do not open up which could complicate things in case of a normal delivery.

-krk

10. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

Fibroids with enlarged Uterus - trying to conceive

Dear friends,
    We are planning for our first baby, so we went for a general checkup. The doctor found that I have fibroids and my Uterus is enlarged to 17 cm length axis. They said I need surgery. I am not sure if it's large or small or how many there are or where they are located. Can this be cured naturally or I have to get the surgery done? How does it affect my chances of getting pregnant? Is it better to go India to get this surgery done? I am really worried and I want kids. Please share your experiences and thoughts.

Thanks,
    Mythili