Trying to conceive with fibroids

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Bhanvi, Jul 15, 2008.

1. krk

krk Junior IL'ite

Hi Aussiegirl,

I had my surgery done at Bangalore BACC (:: Bangalore Assisted Conception Centre :: [HOMEPAGE]) and the surgeon was Dr. Kamini Rao. She is the head of this hospital and she personally handled my case. Since you are 35, you should really act fast. At any hospital, they generally prefer the tests (blood related, scans etc. ) to be done at their place only. I am not sure if they would accept your earlier reports other than to know your history. Why I say this is, it will take atleast a month's time from the start of your menstruation period for any such tests to be done. So, I think the earliest the docs can suggest the surgery in your case would be in the 2nd month once you visit them. And then, I think there will generally be no compromise on the wait period of about 10 months to 1 year. This is because it would take that kind of time for your body to get prepared for the pregnancy (expansion of the uterus). So, see what time suits you the best and do things accordingly. Wish you good luck.

-Krk

2. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi krk,
    ur reply is very sincere and informative...

the best part is i am really happy about ur delivery of twin babies inspite of some surgeries before.... urs is no less than a inspirational story...

Chikkilu likes this.
  3. avantikatuli

avantikatuli New IL'ite

pregnancy and fibroid

hi,im trying to get preg since 5 years,now , i have to get a myomectomy done to get pregnant but am very scared as doctor has said it will be an open surgery,can u please tell me about some gynaec who does laproscopic myomectomy,delhi or ludhiana?:spin

im tired of visiting doctors and getting no result....

4. krk

krk Junior IL'ite

Re: pregnancy and fibroid

Hi,

Firstly don't get scared of myomectomy. I don't say it is a small surgery. I have undergone this surgery and only afer this could I concieve and I have 2 kids now. I would suggest you to go by a good and experienced doctor's decision whether to undergo myomectomy or laproscopy. This is because, the choice of surgery will be based upon the size and position of the fibroid. I remember my doc saying that incase the removal of fibroid is not well handled, there are chances of it growing back and causing more problems. You can refer to the thread "Trying to conceive with fibroids" for few more details.

-krk

5. sanika

sanika New IL'ite

Small intramural fibroid in the uterus

Its been 3 yrs since my marriage. Me and my hubby kept our baby-making process on hold for 3 years. Now, in my fourth year, we finally decided that we want to have a baby. We tried last month but I still got my periods. That was ok, since the first attempt is not always successful. 2 weeks ago, I went to a doctor who advised me to get a pelvic scan. And I got to know that I have a small intramural fibroid in my uterus , measuring 1.4 cm. My age is 30 and I am so upset with this news because I deperately wish to become a mother now. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow who will then advise me what to do next. I just hope she doesnt ask me to remove my uterus since this fibroid is lodged in the uterus. Very tensed.

6. radhusankar

radhusankar Silver IL'ite

Re: Small intramural fibroid in the uterus

hi
    just relax, dont get tense, everything will b alrt, just pray the god n i ll also pray for u

with regards

7. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Re: Small intramural fibroid in the uterus

Hi Sanika,
    Relax don't worry. everything will be alright. even i have a seedling of a fibroid in my uterus. if worst comes to worst they'll remove the fibroid. but they will not remove the uterus unless you have kids. don't become upset over a small thing like this. the fibroid might or might not cause any problems during pregnancy. it all depends on where it is located.
    No doctor will ask you to remove your uterus just because you have a 1.4 cm fibroid.
    What definitely is known is that fibroids:
    Do not occur before puberty, when the body does not release estrogen
    Grow bigger when women take oral contraceptives, which contain estrogen
    Grow rapidly during pregnancy, when the body produces extra estrogen
    Shrink and even disappear as menopause approaches and the body gradually stops making estrogen
    Rarely appear after menopause
    Grow when women take estrogen supplements to make up for the lack of the hormone
    Fibroids do not prevent most women from conceiving and delivering healthy babies. But when fibroids do cause problems, they are likely to be serious. There are many causes of infertility; only a thorough evaluation can determine whether fibroids are the culprit. If they do prove to be the reason, surgery to remove them will take care of the problem for many women.
    Hansika

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  8. umamsqm

umamsqm Silver IL'ite

Will the presence of Fibroids in uterus affect TTC/Pregnancy?

Dear Friends,

I am married since one year.. Fourth month of my married life, I got conceive and had miscarrige in two months with spot bleeding.. I was told by doctor that the miscarriage might be due to Fibroid or due to any other issues like infection/ travel in two wheeler.

I had taken second opinion with other doctor, she told me to continue my TTC progress and not really neccessary to treat the fibroid now.

I am now in the process of TTC with full hopes in lord muruga..

If anyone had any difficulties with fibriods and taken treatments, please share with me.

Thanks,Uma

9. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Re: pregnancy and fibroid

How soon after myomectomy did you conceive??
    Coz i had one in Trivandrum,and its been 9 months now still no good news..
    and also,during ovulation and 2 days before my periods could start i have pain inthe uterus,i consilted docs in US they told it must be the scar tissues fromthe surgery?Is it normal??
    also,US doc told that even if i conceive it going to be a C section ,as i had a intramural myomectomy done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  10. tictactoe

tictactoe New IL'ite

Hi ladies i too had an intramural laproscopic surgery done to remove a 7cm diameter fibroid in May 2010. i was told to wait for 6months to recover and try to concieve. I was told not to lift weighty things and first month was complete rest. I will start trying from this Oct and hope i dont have any probs..