IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. missfit

missfit New IL'ite

Thanks a lot luckwaves &Swatir23.

That was soo supporting. I still have 1 week to know the result. Will surely keep you all posted.

Remember me in your prayers. Baby Dust to all TTC girls.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  2. babymiracle

babymiracle Senior IL'ite

hi all,

I just want to know that after ovulation whts life of egg? how many days egg are ready to fertilize? plz ans

3. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

24 to 36 hrs depends on egg quality

4. babymiracle

babymiracle Senior IL'ite

is it true that IUI sperm does not stay longer ??? whts life of IUI sperm?

5. missfit

missfit New IL'ite

So today I am 17 days past IUI. I have twice done home preg test and both came negative :-(, This was my first IUI. Doctor prescribed me Duphaston 20mg for 12 days. I have stopped taking that med from last 3 days now. But still I have not got my AF. I have pain and still get cramp but I wonder why my AF are so late. I am already 5 days late for them. What do you think is the problem? Anyone here can please help me answer this. Has anyone else experienced this?

6. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Hi missfit,

Usually progrestrone pills increase the thickness of endometric layer which helps in implantation and that could delay the period as well but don't lose hope till the AF hits you dear. Miracles do happen :) good luck

7. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear missfit as luckwaves has said, duphaston helps in thickening of the endo lining and after stopping the pill it takes sometime for the lining to shed and af to start....usually after discontinuing the pill you may expect af after 3-10 days so dont worry....though I hope its just that the HCG is building up in your case and hence the negative....dont worry just relax....fingers crossed for you...

Good luck and loads of baby dust to you...!

8. LavanyaRaman

LavanyaRaman Senior IL'ite

hello frnds,

happy new yr to everyone...hope all who are TTCing will hear good news soon...

I just wanted to share a few tips to everyone...recent days many ladies are facing PCOS issue...i feel this is due to the lifestyle that we are leading that is causing this issue...i will share my experience and as well as my 2frnds experience...

About me (weight loss)
    -----------------------
    I am 29yrs old (soon to be 30) and 2 years back i was in US...due to hectic work I used to not cook and used to eat burger, fries etc etc...and my weight became 75kgs...my periods became very irregular...then when my project changed i had free time and joined a gym in Seattle...there I got a very good personal trainer who told me two important points about weight loss...
    1. Cardio alone does not help in weight loss (meaning just walking/running/cycling)
    2. Strenght training is very important for weight loss (ex. all exercises against gravity and the best we can do everyday is climbing up and down stairs)...

Even after coming to India i followed this...i used to climb up and down stairs for 1hour...around 20steps * 100 times....after 5months I lost 11kgs....i became 64kgs...then my periods became very very regular...and also i used to eat less carbs and more protein...

About my frnd:
    ---------------
    She had severe PCOS problem and she also did rigorous exercise and reduced around 15kgs...her periods became very normal and now she has 1.5yrs old kid...we were all amazed to see her size reduced soo much...

Important things to note:
    ------------------------
    1. Exercise everyday is very important mainly for PCOS...rather than just walking, it would be good if everyone could climb up and down stairs atleast 30minutes...by doin so, our uterus and ovaries will also get massaged and blood circulation will improve...
    2. Even if not for weight loss, exercising everyday will make us fresh and we will feel happy...
    3. Eating habits have to change...like including more proteint and recuding carbs and sugar...but sometimes we can enjoy little junk food so that we dont start eating more junk because of deprivation...

I wish everyone success in their journey...all the best dear ILs..

-Lav

5 people like this.
  9. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing dear..!

10. dhanns

dhanns New IL'ite

Hello All,

This is my first post in this forum though I have been a silent viewer all these days. I have had 3 failed IUIs and feel very depressed. Both I and hubby have unexplained infertility. We have no medical issues and despite that all 3 IUIs failed. I am so worried. Please suggest what should I do next. I am planning to go for one more IUI cycle this month.