Increasing morphology

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jillcastle, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

DH and I are have been trying TTC for more than a year with no success. Visited RE and got all tests done. Ultrasound, HSG came normal for me. I have regular periods, and doc was happy with AMH and other usual parameters.

DH got his SA, his count and motility is good. Morphology is 1%. RE was concerned, but she wants to try IUI as she feels since count is good, morphology should not be a problem. We are going to try IUI after 2 months only due to some personal commitments.

Anyone with similar experience pls share how to improve morphology naturally with diet changes. We want to try our level best to improve the success rate with IUI.

Thank you.

2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Would also like to add:

My AMH is 1.28. Doc was not too happy with it, but she said it was good. I am in early 30s BTW. My Day 3 FSH was 2.73. Doc was again not very happy with it. She said women with values < 2.5 have the best chances of conception. So she has given some pills to bring it down.

We dont plan to discuss with elders in our family, so any suggestions welcome.

3. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello,

I remember reading l-carnitine and lycopene helps in improving sperm morphology. But a person needs to take the antioxidants along with change in lifestyle for at least 3months before noticing any improvement as it takes 3 months to produce/develop/mature new Sperm.
    Your Amh is slightly low normal (depends on the parameters a lab is measuring). One can get better understanding of your reserve along with your follicle count. Since you are going to have IUI u will respond pretty well. And I think u r confused with Tsh and fsh. Day 3 fsh is considered normal if it is below 9. And Tsh is good for fertility if it is <2.5.

Good luck with you IUI cycle.

1 person likes this.
  4. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

You are right. It is TSH and not FSH. I am slightly on the higher side 2.7, so was prescribed some pills.

Let me check if we get the l-carnitine and lycopene pills here. Thanks a lot.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What scale is your clinic using for FSH? A value under 9 is considered good, so I wonder why your doctor was alarmed by your number.
    I don't know if anything will specifically help morphology but our doctor advised us to take a good multivitamin, Coq10 (300-600mg daily) and omega-3. For women, a good prenatal, folate, Coq10, omega-3 and make sure vitamin D levels are normal and TSH is at 1.00 or so, definitely not over 2.5.
    As for diet, make sure you take plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, proteins like dal and eggs, lean protein like fish and chicken if you eat them and less of oily foods. Also regular exercise like walking. There is some evidence that low-carb diet helps fertility but do not drastically alter diet. Also make sure blood sugar levels are normal.

6. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I got mixed up with FSH and TSH. My TSH was 2.7 and so was prescribed some pills. Thank you for the Coq10 and omega 3 supplements. Will check it out.