Confused with my cycle

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by freshmind, Jan 7, 2016.

1. freshmind

freshmind New IL'ite

Hi, i am pretty new to this forum and this place had provided me a lot of knowledge regarding ttc.
    Coming to my story.
    I was on bcp for 2 years, then stopped it for 1 year and again had it for 3 months. After that i had my AF on Dec10. Now i am cd28 and not having bcp but yet to get my period. Usually i have a 33 day cycle. But With bcp it was always 28. From cd20 to cd27 i had brownish spotting, very very less but it was there. We did have unprotected sex this month but i did not do any charting. I had mild cramps in between and do feel a little nauceous during daytime, specially post lunch. I check with hpt yesterday but it was negative. I was concerned with this brown spotting and nausea. Can anyone help me?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi freshmind,
    Welcome here. :)
    Since you had BCP for long, your body(hormones) will take 3-6 cycle to effectively come to ttc part. You need to wait for it. Don't add stress to you.
    For brown spotting, some people do get it before the periods arrival. Just monitor it for another cycle or 2. If its more spotting, its better to have a word with your gynec.
    For few cycles, try to monitor your body. Check out cervical mucus, bbt and OPKs. Try whichever possible. That will effectively guide you in your TTC attempts. All the best.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.
  3. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

guess cd27 might be a bit early for upt, try on cd30 or cd33, tc

4. freshmind

freshmind New IL'ite

Thank you vasumathy and anchor for tour response. Yes i guess i have to wait.
    But i did stop bcp a year back as well. I did not have any problem then. But now i am having loads... I gues maybe i am thinking too much. I am getting cramps and backache... But no period... The spotting stopped as well. And this nausea!!! I never had this! Followed by minor throat pain... I guess my body is in a toss and i just have to wait few months...
    Thank you again for your kind words

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With TTC, its better not to expect anything. Stress plays major role in making our body behave weird. Also tracking TTC symptoms makes our mind to assume those appears in us and confuses us totally. Its better not to follow the symptoms and let the hormones do their job well without our thought interventions.
    Try to eat good, lead a healthy happy life style. That will make the live lot easier and TTC simple too!
    All the best to you.