Worried on treatments!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pray4me, Nov 2, 2015.

1. pray4me

pray4me New IL'ite

Need help and suggestions on way ahead, am ttc since 4 years, aged 30+, married since 4 and half years, tried naturally for 1yr, then irregular periods, diagnosed with pcos 3 years back, underwent diagnostic laproscopy 1 tube blocked, high prolactin, boderline high thyroid, there are problems with semen motility etc...Have done 7 cycles of clomid with follicular monitoring w/o IUI, then 2 IUI cycles with only injections

totally 9 cycles of follicular study. In that, 1 miscarriage during 6th cycle. took 3 months break after miscarriage, as per doc suggestion and after that done 3 cycles (all 3 failed). Now, I totally lost my self confidence and worried about next steps..should i continue with another cycle of IUI or move to IVF?? I am working woman not able to focus on my work as i am continuously thinking about having a baby. Unable to sleep well as i am getting lot of negative thoughts. I am unable to talk, socialize to my friends, cousins,even neighbors as all of them blessed with kids..worried that i will get into depression mode.. Is there any hope for me, I really need some support...

1 person likes this.

2. sreedevigujju

sreedevigujju New IL'ite

Hi

This is sridevi .Dont worry its just 4yrs only for some people it might take time to conceive.There are people who conceived after 10yrs.I think it might be hereditary problem also.First of all be PEACEFUL, have proper diet and be positive always.Heartfully i will be pray for U.Dont worry...........bye

1 person likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If semen motility is not good then IUI will not be very effective.
    Before you proceed to IVF have you addressed other issues such as PCOS and thyroid?

4. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Dear OP, if a tube is blocked pls directly go in for IVF. IVF has high success rates for blocked tubes. If sperm mobility issues, then doc shall suggest IVF with ICSI. For thyroid pls take medication. Don't worry about age, 30's is the new 20's, so many are conceiving in 30's now. Pls don't leave your job and try to divert attention while also trying. Also no harm in trying naturally as well as anything is possible. Many people having issues also conceived naturally so pls don't stop trying naturally. Lots of baby dust to you..

5. pray4me

pray4me New IL'ite

Dear Sridevi, thanks for kind words, trying very hard to keep mind in calm state, but unable to do so!! thinking about a counseling or even trying to check if meditation will help..any referral online for counselors will help..if you have any suggestions to control high stress during ttc also pls share with me..first time in my life i am feeling so weak minded..even getting thoughts that i am not worth anything

Dear Malstrom, for pco taking metformin and for thyroid taking thyronorm, for motility also some medicines were given, thanks

Dear Aniya, although ivf has high success rate, i am unable to prepare myself mentally for it, not because of cost factor but because of lot of my internal fears. thanks!!

6. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi , dont lose hope... i am almost on the same boat tried 3 iuis but did not succeed... i think its better to go with IVF hope ICSI can help u.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pray for me,
    If the motility issues are very severe, definitely try IVF; if not, take some time to prepare yourself for IVF and meanwhile try IUI and naturally. Hope you have seen follicle growth in unblocked side.
    IVF needs lot of mental preparations. Bring up good and healthy body for TTC to give results.
    Stress and tension never helps. Try to occupy your mind with other activities. Pursue some hobbies. Forget baby differences and talk to people on other general topics. Happiness itself regulates the hormones. Try to go out with your DH to some places which can calm you.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  8. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Dear pray4me ,Please dont worry and try going for IVF . I was also first worried to try IVF due to cost and other issues. But once i went for it , i thought i should have tried it earlier as growing age has a significant effect on success rates.The earlier the better.So if you feel you have tried all other methods, dont be hesitant to try IVF.Even IVF road is not always easy.It takes time for people to find success even in IVF.

9. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Dear OP, IVF is not that bad...i have also gone through it, as long as you have family and husband support it is fine. You can take the daily injections from a nearby clinic and do not need to go to the IVF hospital every day. You will need to go for check up once in 3-4 days only wherein they will check your follicle growth which will take 5 minutes. The egg retrieval is done under general anesthesia in 10 min so no issue again. The embryo transfer also takes only 5 min. Yes there is lot of tension on how many good embryos have come but that is not in our hands so no point in thinking about that. Some people feel very emotional with the injections but it is not always the case. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  10. pray4me

pray4me New IL'ite

thank you sugugiri, vasumathy, divyarnair and aniya for your responses. so kind of you

I do not have much idea regarding ivf treatment, but with my limited knowledge, I am currently having the following fears, please don't mistake me in case if this sounds foolish, request your patience:

1. heard that in ivf process the embryo's of all the patients are frozen together, how can i ensure that they are using the correct egg and correct sperm only ??

2. as we all know stress definitely impacts conception, currently i am not in a balanced state of mind, so will ivf work for me if i get stressed up during those 3-4 days (i am trying too hard to divert my mind and come out of stress)

3. will the fertility center keep our details confidential? what if any known people comes to know?

4. Will ivf child be healthy like any other normal child

and there are so many other questions in my mind.... Initially i was very reluctant to take up IUI too. but due suddenly there were issues like motility, viscous sample, getting erection also is problem for last few months, that is why i agreed for IUI, else i would have continued w/o IUI...
    I am really sorry if i sound like a fool. But, any response will help !!!