End of TTC?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amicably, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amicably,
    I want/wish you to see the brighter side soon.

I don't know any other new things to suggest... Just hang in there for some more time... If nothing helps, plan a donor cycle or surrogacy. I know its the hardest thing to take on... I never ever wish to do both for myself, but things might affect so much when there is nothing. Hope you will find peace and the right decision with a solution.

May be your uterus got tired of all these medications and treatments... It might need few cycle break to clean up the medication effects. Watch the endo thickness and quality in a natural cycle. Allow few periods cycle to clean all the mess. Eat healthy and maintain good and healthy body.
    Done a endo biopsy? that may be a easier route to know the uterus cells.

Implantation doesn't mean only the egg quality is bad, but sperm contributes too. Embryo needs to be grown from a good quality egg and a sperm. Otherwise its hard to see the good results.

Convince your dh to take those medications regularly. You can find speman from himalaya stores. People say it helps a lot in improving count and motility. If he is stressed too much, try and find ways to bring it down. Stress is a major contributor to sperm issues... My DH had all sort of troubles until a year before last IVF, far better stress life. That really helped to see a good to decent count while doing that last ivf.

Baby dust to you dear.

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

@amicably

Usually the suggested steps change of doctor, ERA and NK cells. You have done all of it. At the moment the best thing is to take a break and concentrate on something you love. Your body and mind needs a lot of healing, who knows this healing will contribute to your success naturally.

I succeeded in my 4th IVF cycle, so I know how hard it it. Take a break and relax at the moment. Once you heal, you and your husband decide the best course of action. I am going to pray for your success every day.

Lots of hug and love to you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Amicably,

I'm sorry you are going through this. All I can say is never give up the hope. First take few months break from ttc and get back to normal both physically and emotionally. Being depressed further affects our body. (My Afc count reduced into half just in 5 months Bcoz I was depressed).

During the break have a healthy life routine do some exercise eat healthy stuff and relax. If you want you have have acupuncture it helps with relaxation. (Each session may cost 400-500 I think you may go once or twice a week).

Ask your DH to take medicines properly esp vit c , vit e, coenzyme ,zinc, selenium, lycopene ,folic acid and l-cartinine. They improve sperm parameters when your have a idiopathic low count(My Dh SA result was occasional motile or very occasional sperm before he was on multi vitamin when he started taking coq 10 his motility was around 40% even though his sperm count was between 2-4 mil). Ask him to do breathing yoga and exercise everyday.

I think you have told previously your DH DNa fragmentation is in normal range and you get good quality embryos. If that's the case issue might b with implantation or embryo abnormality. Embryo genetic screening is done in India your doctor gave you wrong details(sorry). PGS can be done either on day 3 or day 5 (day 5 give more accurate results). In UK and USA clinic do level 1 and level 2 testing for repeated implantation failures. Some of those tests include Nk cells,Tnf Alfa ,Dq Alfa, cytokines And level 1 include blood clotting tests all are treated with aspirin,steroids and intralipds (dosage of intralipds depends on how elevated the levels are). And I assume both of your karyotypes are normal.

If your doctor thinks you have egg quality problem plz consider going for donor egg. It's a tough decision to make as genetically baby is not yours but trust me once you are pregnant and you have the baby, baby is completely yours and you will love the baby to the core(I'm saying this because I have egg quality issues and doctors said my only way is donor egg). I hope your doctor has done hysteroscopy and ruled out any issues with your lining. If you don't go out in sun that's much check your vit d levels.

I remember reading your previous post and u mentioned you had miscarriage once at 10 weeks do you have any reason for it ? (sorry for asking this question)

And most important thing Never give up the hope and when the right time comes you may even conceive naturally.

p.s All the above blah blah advice is based on our experience and what our doctors told.

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

dear OP,

i m not much aware of TTC but can definately tell you that dont give up dear. when u kept so much patient why not little bit more. but this time with full faith and positivity.....

i remember one story (sorry for long reply) that once a person went for mountain climbing (tracking) in dark. he went till top and suddenly slipped down. he had tied a rope for safety and was hanging and was scared. he tried climbing again but could not as he lost energy. when he felt asleep he heard a voice " leave rope and jump.." but he thought that it would be naive decision to leave rope and fell down and die...
    so whole night he was hanging and in cold wind he died. when sun rise and crowd gathered they were surprise and shock to see man hanging just a 2 feet above ground and died.....
    u got message ???
    all the best dear..keep trying and soon start new thread with good news...

5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi amucably
    Omg you tried everything which i know and want to suggest.
    I will say give try to surrogate now. After taking some break.

6. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi

hats off to all the struggles u had taken to hold ur lo, hard work pays.. Iam not sure abt the ivf journey... but what i feel is u need a break... do not quit. take a long break forget everything abt ttc... enjoy some holidays... am sure that will benefit u... try acupuncture it will help u relax... take care... baby dust

7. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ladies, your posts does motivate me.

@Swatir23 yes, it seems we have tried almost every possible thing.. so don't know what next we can do which we havent done or might have missed and hence the thought of give-up.

I had already taken a year long break after I did 4 cycles of IVF. Thought I would give it a try naturally. However that didn't work either.

DNA fragmentation, karyotypes are all normal. tnf alpha is negative. doctor's prescribe low dose aspirin like ecospirin during cycles. so I guess clotting shouldnt be an issue.

Hysteroscopy was done thrice - once before by 1st cycle, once after 4th and again before my last cycle. There were adhesions in first however, nothing in last two.

Grade A embryos are said to be good quality embryos, don't know why it fails to grow.

3rd IVF was positive but when we went for a heart beat checkup, there was no heart beat. There was no growth and it ended with D&C.

I am sick of anaesthesia given during egg retrieval and hysteroscopy procedures. I feel sad when blood is sucked every now and then in name of some or other tests. I am sick and tired of injection pricks. My bum is still paining as I was on daily dose of injections in my last 2ww.

Every single penny spent in the treatment feels like waste of money now. Every prayer, pooja going unheard of. Just feel like giving a full stop to everything - the treatment, the prayers.

Most of the weekend time is spent at the clinic for consultation, test or some or the other such reason. I haven't stayed more than a 5 days in a year at my mom's place since ages. Me and DH have missed important milestones in our career. We couldn't go for holidays as our leaves went into treatments and 2ww. We never regretted all this because our priority was always to give 100% to treatments and hoping for a positive result.

All these thoughts just put me down and tell me to give up :(

8. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicably,
    Looks like you have been through every possible test ;-( Hope you dont mind me asking a question Did u have day 3 or day 5 transfer? Was intralipds given without Nk testing ?
    Have you tried PGS yet ?

9. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

@Maggilg, All except IVF-1 were day 3 transfers. IVF-1 was a day 5 transfer. No ET in IVF-7 as doc wanted only blastocysts to be transferred. But by day 5, none of the two embryos that we had got survived. IVF 1-5 were fresh ET. Rest FET. Yes, Intralipids were given without NK testing.

Haven't done PGS yet. Will ask to my current doctor. Lets see what she has to say. The previous one was not willing to go for it for two reasons - First, cannot be done in India which wasnt convincing to us as well. Second, he was not willing to play around with just the 2 embryos we had.

10. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    After our 3rd Icsi failure my doctor suggested to take embryos to day 5 as it gives you more information about the quality of egg sperm and embryo. But to take embryos to day 5 you minimum need at least 4 top quality day 3 embryos as some embryos dont survive in lab after day 3 and I think same goes for PGS(as I think they remove a cell from embryo)
    Sometimes even with normal karyotypes we have produce abnormal eggs and sperm and also a normal looking embryo might b aneuploid. To avoid such cases you can go for Pgs.

I remember reading that intralipds dosage depends on how elevated your Nk levels are (1 saline for less and another 1 or 2 for elevated post transfer) and I also think it's not recommended when you don't have any.(not sure though)
    What's your Afc ? Are you given high dosage of Stims ? Have you tried different stim protocol ? I heard Dhea will help with Amh and also egg quality you need to take it miminum for 3 months. And also coq 10 and wheatgerm. And as I told earlier stress impacts negatively so try to avoid it.

In a Uk forum I'm in I have seem ladies having babies after nearly 9-10 failures and I really hope you will succeed in coming cycle. Just wait until u have some answers to the problem. You both follow strict diet routine and healthy excercise routine things will definitely happen. If your DH is stressed try to give him some head and back massage it will relax. Ttc is very tough journey but I sometimes feel it brings couple together even more if we deal it.