To Leave Job and TTC - ??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sbird, Oct 11, 2015.

1. sbird

sbird New IL'ite

Hi,
    Happy to see all Mom to be & Mom's.
    Praying god to be one soon ...Married 6 years, TTC on and off for 4 years..No luck
    with PCOS and low motility DH . Now its been 2 years in US with hubby . both working , tried natural conception cycles and 5 failed IUI's... Doctors suggesting for IVF .. but wont be possible for it due to financial issues..so got to return India ...
    Myself and Hubby have good opportunities in career but whatever we try to do , there is always been a heavy stone in heart and unable to feel happy with anything..
    Every morning after waking up the first thought of not having a kid pops up ..
    only thing that atleast makes me bit happy and smile is my job

But after days are getting longer am feeling will quitting my job and ttc will help ?
    sometimes i feel am not doing any hard trying for it ..Any working ladies with TTC pls provide your journey ..

Starting with my first post...

Thanks,
    sbird

2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hi sbird

Hugs to you dear. i am also a career oriented person and been in your shoes. I have done IVF in India and also in US. With God's grace IVF in US worked and we are blessed with a little one. I would suggest pursue job with the treatment. I did that. When in treatment i decided to continue job but didnt take any challenging work. Just 8 hours or work and concentrated on health (both) and exercise. Find a good doctor and go with doctor's advice.

Wish you good luck dear

3 people like this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

We too had that phase in life where everything looked dull, without a kid. Now we have a son.

I would suggest not to give up job for trying baby, as job deviates u from this thought, and gives opportunity to meet people, allows ur mind to immerse in something meaningful and day will pass. Otherwise day will not pass and u waster ur time with these heavy thoughts.

Take care of health and follow doctors advice, they know better.

1 person likes this.
  4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I too sailed the same boat...at some point I too thought to leave job but I am glad I didn't..... though due to job type you might get sterssed but at the same you can take your mind off from the ttc stress..... so my suggestion would be don't leave your job....

1 person likes this.
  5. bujjima

bujjima New IL'ite

Hi.. i'm also in same dialema.. we are in TTC..
    i want to change my job as the work environment is not friendly and other reasons.. i was getting depressed because of this job..but i can't totally stop working as i have some responsibilities....so i have to change my job.. what to do?? if i change to new job..again i have to prove there.. shall i continue in the current job or change it.. suggestions plz..

6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, You have some meaning ful replies above tending towards the same conclusion i.e. DO not quit your job. I thought, I can give a different perspective:

I was in the same boat, that is, until mid this year. A little background:

We have been trying for a year and a half. Got all tests done and with God's GRace everything is fine with both of us.

I was working. My work was hectic, bad work environment, and I was findign it difficult to handle house work and office work. To top it My DH fell ill and no one knew the reason why and OF course, my MIL decided to amp up her antics at the same time. Result: my health suffered, I lost weight and started having dizzy spells.

Every time I went to the Doctor, they asked if I was working and I replied Yes. They mildly suggested may be quitting would be a good idea since we are financially stable.(Touchwood). And I did! I have been home since the last few mnths and my health has vastly improved. I have no stress, I am devoting time to my passions - cooking, music and Yoga. I keep myself active, have friends and above all Pray to be blessed with a little bundle of joy. My life is more peaceful than ever. ANd if people ask me if I am expecting as they definitely will, I cheerfully tell them I expecting to expect :) [POsitive words = Positive thoughts]

Yes, there are some moments where I get depressing thoughts, but those are far and few in between and much better than the pressure I had earlier.

So the point is, what suits you totally depends on you. If you enjoy your job, go on with it provided you have no pressure, even the good kind of pressure. ensure that you have enough excercise and fun times. If money becomes an issue, you can also look for something part time. That will allow you some freedom and also cash flow. Try to strike a balance and May God Bless us with our heart's desire

1 person likes this.
  7. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Bujjima, A stress ful job is not worth it especially if work environment is not good - And this is true whether or not you are TTC. may be you could try for a part time job that will give you some cashflow and the stress free life to TTC. If part time also is not feasible, I would strongly suggest you look for another job, so that you will have relief at least from a bad work environment

Wishing you loads of happiness and a beautiful bundle of joy :)

1 person likes this.
  8. sbird

sbird New IL'ite

Thank you .. I really did not expect any replies ..but very very happy to see my unknown friends who wish me good luck ..

Thanks,

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If getting back to work after a break is too difficult in your line of work, consider a break of 1.5 years. That will give you enough time to try out a few options including IVF.

Be prepared for that turning into an extended break if good news happens.

Also be prepared for having to go back to work earlier if you find out that being home is actually more stressful than having a job.

In short, yes, a break from work might be a good idea.

10. bujjima

bujjima New IL'ite

Thank you soulful...i'll look for another job..