Affected by PCOS - could this be a reason

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Love84, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

I had been struggling with PCOS for more than a decade now with no successful results. My friend who also conceived with difficulty after 7 years was talking about this and was saying that she had many health drinks like famous brands which started with B___t and C____n while she was growing up and even in her college. I then figured even i was drinking the same like twice a day till i got a job. Would this be a reason for my PCOS as i was affected with it right from 17 years of age. If i sound stupid please ignore still wanted to know from seriously affected ladies whether you had been drinking lot of health related supplements in your younger age even before puberty hits.This may be a eye opener for future generation

Kind regards

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is b---t and c--n?
    Without the details its hard to suggest..

3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

OP, Do u mean boost and complan??(filling up the blanks)

1 person likes this.
  4. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasu,

yeah boost and complan

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is no evident proof that boost and complan will provide pcos/infertility. May be the sugar level we take, has its significance..
    Balanced healthy food, adequate rest and exercise will do the good to us. But we fail to do so. Without eating right, why to blame on these products alone? Blame ourselves for failed to take care of ourselves.
    If you are having only milk with these for morning breakfast, it will do all the troubles to you. Your body needs quality food in the breakfast. Need good food to start the day.

1 person likes this.
  6. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasu,

I do agree that there is no evident proof that Boost or Complan had triggered a cause for PCOS. Again there is not evident proof they have not. There had never been a full thorough testingof a product and boom they are in the market. 15 years before the name PCOS was known to very few and our mothers tried to give us healthy food instead of coffee/tea by susbtituting with Boost/Complan. We never know what may have triggered PCOS at the age of 18 maybe Stress + internally some compounds would have triggered something. If we get irregular periods while at college we never cared about it even though our mothers were worried.I was Physically active till now when i was affected by PCOS . I had full breakfast when i went to college . But had three times of Boost /Complan. I am only asking friends to do a research before consuming or giving a prodcut to a child.My sisters daughter who is in college now has PCOS she is a basket player in her team.Again she had complan afternoon

7. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

I have PCOS since many years probably since I was 9.

I have never had any energy drinks.

I don't think having energy drinks causes PCOS.

Generally having processed food and food containing trans fat increases one's chance of having PCOS at some point in their life.

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

No basis for this theory.Sorry dont agree with it at all.pcos issue is more of a lifestyle disorder.Look back your grandma had a much healthier lifestyle ,think why??Its cause they had more active lifestyle also there wasnt much pollution then.The reason we are facing such issues now is courtesy antibiotics laden veggies and pollution along with bad lifestyle.

9. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I have grown up drinking complan, boost, bournvita, horlicks etc...still consume them.
    I do feel a little apprehensive about continuing to drink these after reading this thread :(

10. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

[h=2]What Causes PCOS?[/h]While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.

http://www.healthline.com/health/polycystic-ovary-disease#Overview1