pcos diet help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sonvi, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

I have recently been diagnosed with pocs...and am just trhjng to eat right but am sooo confused on what to eat? i have read thru many of the pcos diet threads but i jus dont understand it....i knw it is low carb and high protein...i am a vegetarian and dont even eat egss...some people have said chappati of whole wheat flour is ok and some say no chappti, some say lentils are ok but not too much cuz they are carbs as well? Can some ladies jus give me some meal ideas that are easy to make...j have heard carrot and beetroo is a no no but then av seen some ladies eat tht...i work 40hrs a week so jus some basic meal plans on what to eat would be helpful...like which cereals can i eat, etc am trying not to stress but not knowing wat to eat is hard cuz our dief is chapatti i jus dont knw how to go about it...can anyone please advise some meal ideas...pleassseeeeeee

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Any thing in moderation is always fine.
    You can try Chappathi with lot of vegetables as side dish or with dhal.
    If you are a rice person, reduce rice intake and balance it with vegetables as side dish.
    You can have salads for snacks.
    Generally foods with less carb, more protein and high fiber rich stuffs are good.
    Its not that you should not consume carb foods, just limit the intake quantity.