Very tensed about thyroid level during TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by generic, Sep 9, 2015.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

From many months I have been suffering from few symptoms like extreme tiredness and fatigue, intolerance to cold, difficulty with menses, etc... I did thyroid test couple of times and my TSH levels fluctuated a lot..first it was close to 4..now it's above 5.. Now doctor told me I have to take some thyroid tablet, i.e levothyroxine 0.25mcg everyday, which i am taking. After some months maybe I have to monitor the levels again.
    I got to know that for TTC & first trimester, TSH should be 1-2 otherwise it will cause problem in pregnancy and baby.
    I m confused when the levels will come to normal?
    If I get pregnant during this treatment will there be any problem? I and getting worried and tensed..
    Those who concieved with hypothyroid, please share your experience and let me know how you managed thyroid naturally (apart from the medication).
    I feel so worried about all this., 1. due to hypothyroid which causes anxiety 2. due to pressure from everyone for baby.
    I also faced many problems in personal and professional life, I m thinking whether I got the thyroid problem due to too much stress?
    I had used contraceptive pills earlier , did that trigger the hypothyroidism?
    Will the hypothyroid symptoms reduce or go away when my levels come to normal?

Please advice and help:(

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Why no replies, ladies :(

3. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP
    Though thyroid levels play an important role in pregnancy, but it can be easily controlled with proper medicines. And in your case, its just a minor change. Dont worry once you start taking the medicine properly, it will become normal and all its symptoms will also vanish.
    Take the tablets in empty stomach early morning, preferably at same time. DO NOT MISS IT.
    Also, make sure your weight doesn't increase as with hypothyroidism their are chances of that.
    Reduce your intake of cauliflower and cabbage as they require more thyroid hormone for digestion.
    My TSH was 150, when i first checked and now its under control. So dont worry.

1 person likes this.
  4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

@Saya83:
    Thanks.
    How long did it take for your thyroid levels to come to normal after diagnosis & medication?

5. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

@generic, believe it or not, in one month it became normal. Thats is from 150 it came down to 1.8. i was taking 100mg daily then and i took the medicine religiously.

after that my doc reduced the medicine to 25mcg. From then onwards my thyroid level are pretty normal.

1 person likes this.
  6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Oh thats nice..Hope I also get some relief soon.

7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Anyone else who faced similar issue, please share your experience..

8. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

These days I'm unable to function without 11-12 hrs of sleep and the smallest work like going to nearby supermarket and coming back makes me exhausted..I need to lose weight but I'm too tired to exercise most of the time..I feel a total fog if I try to learn something new and trouble concentrating.
    Is this normal with low thyroid levels or am I imagining it?:(