Endometriosis- Questions and Questions...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pavitra177, Sep 1, 2015.

1. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am 30 and have been trying to start a family for about 1.5 years now. I was on clomid for 4 cycles . Respond well to clomid- 3-6 follicles on every cycle of clomid, good end thickness 9-10mm but still couldn't get pregnant.Had a chemical pregnancy in December 2014. Dr suspected Endometriosis and ordered a Laparoscopy and Hysterscopy . Got the Lap and Hystro done last week.

Dr said mild endometriosis which now has been cleaned up. She said she has put me on hormonal treatment which will cause menopause like symptoms for the next 4-5 months ( No periods). Post which she wants us to try on our own for 3 months. if that doesn't work then probably IUI-IVF

I have so many questions regarding this entire process for which i couldnt find any answers. I wont be meeting the doctor for atleast 2 more weeks hence posting the questions here. if anyone has any answers, please help me out

1) Why am i being put on hormonal treatment?
    2) I read on the net that the best chance to conceive is immediately after hysteroscopy, then why i am being told to wait for 4 months?
    3) Anyone with a similar problem? Anyone who has managed to conceive naturally or through IVF post endometriosis

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

I am not so familiar with it.
    Anyhow my reasoning is tthat the hormonal treatment will give rest to the menstrual cycle and therefore nil chance of the endometrial deposits. As there are less of the progress, less adhesions and less effects of the endometriosis and the hope that the uterine environment is suitable for successful implantation process. That's my thinking, if I find out other cause I will let you know.

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Not very sure about endo treatments however waiting for 4 months after hysteroscopy doesnt seem right.What were the medication you were on?Have you taken a second opinion on the treatment given to you?

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pavitra,
    Many people have conceived after endometriosis.

Even i heard one has a clear window after lap/hsg/hysteronscopy. May be endometriosis is the reason behind the break? I'm not sure as i have not much experience with endo.
    People used to give bcp to avoid pregnancy in some cases. But not heard of stopping menstrual cycle. Check with your doc before taking up the treatments. Clear all your doubts with your doc before proceeding any treatments.

Hope soon your struggles will end. Baby dust to you.