should I stop here ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am very old member of IL and many Il's know my story already but for new IL friends I will briefly post it again.

I started my infertility journey in april 2010 ....no female problem was detected but sperm count of my DH was very low 10 ml so we tried iui ...done 6 IUI then moved to IVF in sept 2011 .Luckily conceived in my second IVF but lost my preg at 16 weeks due to premature water breake.

But my doctor and me both were feeling it confidant to achieve pregnancy again as I conceived once.Proving both of us wrong I ended up with 3 more fresh ivf and 2 frozen transfer but no positive result.
    now this month my doctor wants to validate all parameters again ,I am doing uterus skin sample test for NK cells ...everything will depend on result .....
    I believe my doctor and all above ivf I tried with single doctor should I change doctor ?....At the same time I am worried for the medicine impact /side effects on me as I am under medication from last 5 yr ....

thinkingsmiley

I am very confused:crazy now I am doing too much effort for the thing which is not in my fate?...should I accept it and stop now?:shaking:

please ladies suggest me as I am not able to decide anything......:bowdown

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Swati,
    Is it possible to get genetic testing of your embryos done in India? That will give you better odds if you transfer chromosomally normal embryos. Doing the immune testing as your doctor suggested is a good idea.
    For frozen transfers some doctors here are doing the 'endometrial receptivity assay' (ERA biopsy). They take a small sample of the uterine lining after a mock cycle to test whether it is receptive to implantation. Some women do better with extra days of progesterone. Again these tests are very new.
    You can take second opionions since you have been trying for a long time. In my case, the uterus is severely distorted due to adenomyosis so my doctor has suggested we move to a surrogate for the best chances.
    Hope everything works out well for you.

3. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi malstorm,
    I am undergoing 'endometrial receptivity assay' (ERA biopsy). this month.
    I talked about genetic testing but he explained how it is not that beneficial as they put more embryos in and also he told cost is very high for it ..I can try 3-4 ivf in that cost in india.
    also all my embryos transfer are blastocyst so he is analyzing uterus conditions first.

what is cost of surrogate in USA ...are u planning to do it in india?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Surrogate cost in the US will be anywhere from $50-75,000 according to the estimates our clinic has given us. India will not work for us since we are reluctant to risk our embryos by shipping there. The genetic testing costs $4000 for up to 12 embryos here. I had a lot of blastocysts but only a few were normal.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swati,
    Since your doc provide you utmost care, Doctor change may not be necessary.
    Hope those test will give a clue on why things are failing.

I had a endo biopsy before my last ivf, it turned out ok. I never know why those two (fresh & frozen) cycles failed. All the parameters where good with those. May be the right time hasn't come. Just hang in there. Hope those unanswered questions will get some solutions.
    All the best.

Sticky baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  6. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I got my report for Endometrim skin test.I have modrate NK cell and adhesion molecule for implantation were absent.

For this I will be given injection for progesterone than tablets.
    and for moderate nk cell I guess steroids for 15 days when mu next cysle starts.

anyone who has trated for NK cells?

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Its good that there are some findings... Hope you will be able to solve those troubles as well. All the best Swati.