IVF1 Failed- Need Advice on treatment and doctor

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ArtsSorts, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been TTC for the past 3.5 years. I am 31 and my husband is 35years old. Was earlier diagnosed with PCOS but was recently told that i do not have PCOS!! I was earlier taking metformin and other tablets but am off all of those.

I and my husband individually are healthy. My HSG, Sono test, blood profile , hormone test is all normal. My husbands sperm count and motility is also normal.

We tried concieving normally and then did 4 unsuccessful IUIs. I normally do ovulate on my own.. in some of the IUI cases the doctor did not give me the HCG shot as i was ovulating on my own.

Anyways after unsuccessful IUIs the doctor recommended me to go for IVF. My AMH score is also good. I did the IVF procedure.. 15 eggs were identified but only 8 were retrieved. Out of the 8 3 were immature follicles so only 5 were left which were fertilized through ICSI. Post ICSI 3 of the eggs were successfully fertilized. Of the 3 2 were grade 1 and 1 was grade 2. I had a 3 day transfer where the eggs had cleaved to 10 cell ( 2 of them) and 8 cell (1 of them). With a great uterus lining and good eggs my doctor was very positive.. but unfortunately it was unsuccessful.

Now i am clueless what to do.. the whole process is very stessful emotionally, physically and mentally. We were in hyderabad and now have decided to move to Bangalore. I need your help with :
    1. Advice on should i try another round of IVF or should i just go for adoption. How many of you were unsuccessful in the first cycle but were successful in the 2nd or 3rd cycles?
    2. Can you advise some good hospitals/Doctors in Bangalore . I will be living in HRBR Layout/Kamanahalli/Kalyan Nagar area.

I am heartbroken and at this point very angry with god and myself for not making this successful:(:(

Thanks in advance,

2. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Artsorts, can you do a diagnostic laproscopy to find out what is wrong? HSG is fine but lapro really tells what is wrong and corrective action can be taken immediately.

3. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

HI,
    Please dont lose hope.IVF has only 50% success chances given all paramters being excellent.Please continue your treatment and be positive,eat well , have an active lifestyle and be happy.Things will take its turn. You are only 31 !! Dont jump into a decision to adopt. Today medical field is very advanced,You will definitely get sucess sooner or later.Lots of baby dust !!

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Not 2nd I succeeded in my 4th cycle!! One failure is not end if life. Gather full courage and face the next with full confidence. 30 years is not old..BTW which doctor @are u consulting at hyd?

5. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hi Radha, thanks for the response and the encouragement... Hearing such stories I feel there is still hope!!! But hats off to you to go through 4 cycles !! I almost went into depression after my very first cycle!! I was consulting at rainbow with Dr. Ratna Durvasula and Preethi a Reddy ..doctors and hospital were very good but still somehow things just did not seem to work out for me. I have been consulting there for almost 3 years..but nothing.. Would you know any good doctors in Bangalore.. I would like to go to a doctor with whom people have had proven success.

6. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hi Aniya, I have asked my docs for laparoscopy but they said now that we have decided on IVF we will know what's going on. After my failed cycle I have not really had the courage to meet the doctor :(:( it's been almost 2 months!! I am now feeling a lot ok..emotionally so planning to meet her this weekend as I am moving to Bangalore. Let's see what does she have to say

7. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Thanks divya.. getting back to being active will be my focus.. Past 2 months I've just been a depressed soul.. Hopefully change of city should help. Any suggestions on doctors in Bangalore.. Please do share ..

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Sorry about the failed cycle.Have you looked into dna fragmentation of sperm?
    .From my failed cycle experience (3 ivf) i have learnt that ,extremely high frag of sperm was the reason,though both the numbers and motility looked normal.It seems high dna frag of sperm can cause implantation failures and first trimester losses,this being very common.
    Also have you checked out any immune issue's with yourself??Its best to get all this ruled out before embarking on an another ivf cycle.

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I delivered at Rainbow. There facilities are very good when it comes for maternity, but I have no idea on their fertility center. I tried with a reputed fertility clinic in Hyd, but all my 3 attempts failed with them. We happened to move to Pune and my 4th cycle succeeded with the new doctor. My advice to you is do a follow-up and see what the doctor says. If they seem to have no clue and are not able to tell you what different they are doing this time, change your doctor. If you are living in Bangalore please take your treatment there. Travelling for treatment will drain your energy. I am a tagging few IL at Bangalore who succeeded in IVF, may be they can help you with the doctor.

@Winipooh
    @sumalynux can you please advice which clinics you succeeded in Bangalore?

In case you have frozen embryos at Hyderabad, go for FET. Chances of success in FET is high

10. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Even I am in same situation as yours. I did my first IVF and this monday i did Beta. And its negative. I am completely broken. I dont know what to do.

Everything seemed fine. the embryos, uterus, lining, everything... And so i was very hopeful. couldnt believe when the result came.

I am not even able to think about a second cycle. I am afraid whatif the second cycle also ends lie this. Everything was fine this time. What else can I do next time to get a positive. I am hopeless.