Preparing myself for a longer battle.. :-(

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Twinkel, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

I hope too that this phase shall pass soon.
    Doc said my tubes were damaged beyond repair and hydrosalpinx of this severe grade would lessen my chances of ivf too .. even if embryo implants, there were few chances of foetus surviving.. may be the reason of my previous miscarriages too... so it was mandatory to have them removed.

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

We never knew about tubes removal until after laproscopy and after being removed. So there was no chance. We were informed that with diagnostic lap, any corrective surgery if needed would be done spontaneously (and we seriously thought it would be something like clearing blocks!! never expected this serious problem)However, the recording of whole procedure (all laproscopic surgeries are video recorded) was sent to my aunt whose an RE too, and she too opined it was the best decision to have them removed, that it would help my ivf too.

3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a ton for sharing your story, bought a smile on my face :) I just hope this struggle soon ends :-(

1 person likes this.
  4. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Hoping and praying I'll share a smilar story :-D

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Updates from my end are ...
    tubes were tested for tb ... report came fine, no evidence of tb or malignancy .. breath of sigh!!
    doc charted out a plan for ivf. From september cycle, I'll be on bcp to level out hormones and flush out old follicles. will be stopping bcps on oct 20th and so my period would be in oct end or nov 1st week. Starting with scans, medicines, stimulations, injections etc, egg retrieval and embryo transfer would be in 2nd or 3rd week of November. Also, keeping in account my case history, my doctor asked me to get admitted for 2days after my ET, as I tend to have low bp from the moment I conceive ... lets see how it goes.. Tensed and worried, I wanted to be with my mom. Mom couldn't afford leave now as she would need them in November too, so I came running to Hyd :-D Reached Hyd today. feeling little relaxed now :)
    I need your wishes and please do include me in your prayers. Fingers crossed till Nov end.
    I'll fight this till the end and would never fall low or give up! [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Okay....so it means by next year around same time we will be brainstorming for a nice baby name for you...you go girl!....:)

2 people like this.
  7. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Twinkle,
    Great that you have a plan.Ensure your Re checks all your parameters before ivf like lh ,fsh,e2,amh.Normally only after checking these do the Doctors decide which protocol to go for.For eg a person with a low amh or low reserve should always be put on a short protocol without bcp's as they tend to get suppressed.Alsp do ask your doctor for coq10,prenatels and ecosprin as these increases the quality of the eggs retrieved.

1 person likes this.
  8. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Twinkle,

SO sorry to hear about yousorrysmiley ,but they should have discussed with you before removing tubes...don't you think so.

Anyway your thread title is exactly what I am feeling for me alsofriendssmiley ...logging to IL after ages.I am here with 5 failed ivf .Total 7 transfer (2 frozen and 5 fresh).as many of you here know my story my doctor has advised uterus skin test for me so they will take uterus skin at the time of implantation time and test for NK cells and other things.

I am thinking to take some time off from office in dec-jan and be at home:goodidea: ,relaxed and see what skin result comes after that only I will decide further plan.

1 person likes this.
  9. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@Twinkel :: Thanks twinkel for your reply..According to you whether i should go for Lap or try IUI? Just want your opinion...In Bbsr what was the cost of Lap and all other details can you please PM me? I don't whats going on inside me too..periods are regular..i am not overweight too...no other issues...but still i can't conceive..sometimes i feel myself to be outside of the whole world...i feel so so depress sometimes seeing pregnant women infront of me..when will i be able to hold my baby in my arms...How was youe experience in lap? Please PM me all in details? Please?

10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@Twinkle be strong as u r now definitely we will be hearing a good news from. and once u see ur baby in ur hands u will forget all the troubles u have faced now.

1 person likes this.