My ongoing Experience on Infertility, Follicular Study, HSG, Laproscopy till IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vanicha, Aug 15, 2015.

1. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I Am married for an year now and facing problems with infertility, thought of sharing my experience on Infertility, Follicular Study, HSG, Laproscopy till IUI try 1 we are planning next month, which will help the starters.

Step 1 : Initially we were trying naturally, having intercourse during ovulation periods and lying down in bed for 30 minutes after sex. but it didnt worked out for us. Usually we heard for normal couples within an year this method will help in conception by having intercourse like this and having red banana, nuts, chill badam milk will help.

Step 2 : Then after six months of time we went to see an gynacologist and she suggested to undergo follicular study. where from day 2 of cycles they will give clomid or some tablet to make your follicle grow for 5 days..

Then you will be asked to take a scan on 12th 14th 15th or 16thy day of your periods, which cost 200rs per visit or 1000rs totally for 3 or 4 visits. you need to drink water and have little urine to have the follicular scan done easily, otherwise its tough to see results.

during 12th day they will see follicle size followed by 14th day, if the size grows about 20 or > it will be good for us and doctor will give an injection trigger shot for making ovulation to happen which is about 500rs in cost.

so your ovulation will happen within next 12 to 24 hrs, so you will be asked to have intercourse regularly during this period, which will help for conception easily

if this method works you can try out an home urine test for pregnancy which is 50rs after you miss your periods for more than 1 or 2weeks. if its confirmed you can go for an blood test for pregnancy test which will be around 800rs

if you get negative results and didnt get periods try out after an week for home pregnancy test. if it is negative again consult an doctor or be happy if its positve :)

unluckily i had no luck with this follicular study once with ovulation happened on 15th day scan shown ovulation, once ovulation didnt happened even after trigger shot. its all based on our luck.

Step 3 : I had irregular periods aswell, so i was treated with progestrone supplements for 3 months. but sad path is these tablets prevent pregnancy for 3 months but will regularise periods.

apart from this you can try to reduce your weight as per BMI, take banana flower, have dates to balance your progestrone and iron level and will inturn control your periods

as next step we took all blood test said by doctor and all blood, sugar, LS, Gulcose, Progestrone etc...came normal....Then doctor told need to do HSG Test which cost 1250rs

They will enter an rod into our vagina which will enlarge the gap so that they can insert the syringe which have dye in it. it is basically having little bit pain and discomfort but it was manageble unless you are too sensitive.

The dye will run all over the fallopian tube and which can taken an xray to see any blocages...if no blockages the dye will run out easily all over the tube. sometime blockages will get cleared in running the dye so hope for the best

unluckily i am too sensitive and i tried three attempts of HSG dye on a same day, but not succeded. so doctor told you can try laproscopy but its costly.

HSG should be done after 3 days of your periods stopped and not near to your ovulation day. i.e befor ovulation. also dont take heavy food before going for HSG..preferably go in morning with simple BF.

Pain will be there for 1 or 2 day and dye will spill out for an week or 2 days like periods. but be worried only if it goes beyond half or 1 pad per day then consult doctor

Step 4 : Atlast we ran into next level Laproscopy, its cost around 30k :( you have to get admitted in hospital morning and should not take any food from previous day night dinner

you will be taken anesthtic checkup earlier you do laproscopy, then morning they will take you to theatre...given anesthesia and you will fall sleep....then they will put some small holes like shirt buttons and insert the devices and clear fallopian tube blocks by dye method again.

mostly they will try to clear any blocages in your tubes in one time. after 45 min to 1 hr of this test....you will moved to general ward...you will wake up after 1 hr of anesthesia usually.

then they will ask you to wait for some time to have lunch....ask to pass urine...if its normal and good...then you are normal...you will be stayed in bed for 1 day in hospital...then will small holes with stiches or staples....will be discharged....make sure you by car or auto with an pillow near you stomach

they made 2 small hole, which got closed without marks in a month for me....intially you feel bloating in stomach and shoulder pain for a week or 2 weeks....that is normal.....

try to go slow to home after treatment, bcoz it may have some pain and avoid working in home or office for a 3 days or week is better....at the end of the treatment doctor will confirm the ovary...fallopian tubes are normal or have blocks

if its not blocked then you are good to go for baby tryinng

STep 5 : we found luckily tubes are clear after spending 30 K :( so i suggest to go for HSG test where same result can be found in 1200rs itself......go for laproscopy if u can tolerate HSG in first attempt or you found blockages in HSG Test

Now after all this, we got suggestion to test my husband sperm analysis which was very late and we got shocked that even he is also having problems of motility :( however he is good with sperm count and morphology.

So importantly ask your husband to give sperm analysis when you start testing your body with treatments or consulting doctor...bcoz problem with any one of us will lead us in delay like we got faced...

so we did sperm analysis and found motility is < 50....which should be > 50

Sperm analysis understanding :

Sperm count should be >20 million per ejucalate
    PH should be 8
    visocity should be normal
    Liquification should be < 30 min
    Pus cell 2 to 3 is normal
    Morphology should be good
    motility have four grades as a) active b) slow c)motile but no movement d) non motile

heare a + B should give you value > 50 is normal....

if u have high visocity and liquification time see an urologist and get treatment for bacterial infection which could be a reason.

if motilityor sperm count or morphology any one is low try seeing urologist and get some supplements, we use patrnia and mutlvitamins for a , c and zinc

also reduce weight, ovoid drink, smoke, have butter fruit juice...watermelon, papaya...nuts,,,chill badam milk as natural remedy...do workouts...

we are under this treatment now and planning for an IUI next month...with our fingers crossed to get our baby soon...

hope this helps someone who is on same boat....i can help you out guys if u have doubts in any above procedure that you come across....baby dust for all ..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    2 people like this.

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Nice explanation.... Iam also same boat...But my left tube is blocked at firmbria end....so by next month we are planing to go for laparoscopy to clear the blockage...
    This blockage is confirmed through HSG test.......

3. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

@pinkydarling good luck for your Laproscropy :thumbsup

hope your block gets cleared and moved for next level... keep me posted on whats next...are u planning for IUI aswell?

1 person likes this.
  4. pinkydarling

Actually we want to wait some more time before going to laparoscopy. Let see what happens...

1 person likes this.
  5. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

@Lukcy that's great to hear ...happy for you and wanna sail in same boat.....did u under go iui with low motility problems? Any experience of yours will be highly helpful......

6. nityak

nityak Senior IL'ite

Hi Vanicha,
    I also undergone same treatment (natural,clofert,injections fr one mnth)with same steps ,but prbml is with me completely (irrgular period) and also differed is i gone driectly to laproscopy instead of hsg. I done my lapo she asked me to try naturally fr 3 mnths and now 2 completed no result. will visit doctor tmrw. your iui done?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi @nityak,

Generally the chances of pregnancy are high after laproscopy as your blocks are clear, so they might have asked you try naturally.....also your husband semen should be normal that could be the reason they asked you to try naturally...

keep trying....dont loose hopes....eat nuts and dry fruits daily and keep trying.....

i am planning to do IUI next month with ovulation induction bcoz my husband motility is less after testing semen analysis...so he is under tablets to improve them....

1 person likes this.
  8. pinkydarling

hello @vanicha...how r u
    we want to try naturally before going laproscopy .....
    iam under tretment from past 3 years for pcod, got 2 miscarriages one in 7th week and one in 8th week. after misscarriages i found my left tube is blocked....so doctor said better to do laproscopy to clear the blockage. so for now we are not ready to going for the laproscopy, thats y we need to try 6 cycles before going for laproscopy....
    Now my periods are regular and no pcod.....so what are the chances of pregnancy?
    and waiting for 6 months is ok..or need to go for laproscopy?

plz ladies give some suggestions regarding this waiting..?

9. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi @pinkydarling

Am good ...thank you.....

you were already got conceived twice and it didn't carry forward....sorry about that...so I feel you can try for conceiving naturally as it worked earlier as well with one side block....

As your periods are normal....calculate and try for months naturally ..if needed get some medication that will help during this period ...consult some friends or doctor about my thoughts...

I wish bay dust to us very soon....

2 people like this.
  10. pinkydarling

ThnkQ so much for you r valuable suggestion vanicha...Really, from two weeks iam so confusing regarding this issue. ya surely i will consult some other friends also...