Low Motility for my DH & I am having Irregular Periods, Planning for IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vanicha, Aug 13, 2015.

1. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

We got married for an year now and trying for pregnancy. During this jan 2015 we started our treatments and found the following.

Did HSG and found tubes are patent and taken blood test to confirm the Progestrone, LH, Thyroid, Estrogen, prolactin and everything was normal.

however i am having irregular periods and heavy bleading :(

Found my husband is having 70% Morphology, 25 million sperm count, 45% Active and slowly progressive motility, Normal viscosity and normal liquification during first time semen analysis and they said asthenospermia

70% Morphology, 55 million sperm count, 30% Active and slowly progressive motility High viscosity and >2 hour liquification during second time semen analysis and they said asthenospermia with high visocity

70% Morphology, 30 million sperm count, 20% Active and slowly progressive motility High viscosity and >1 hour liquification during second time semen analysis and they said asthenospermia with high visocity

My husband is taking Paternia XT Tablest & Multiminerals tables for last one month and the result was same like 1 & 2 during the 3rd time we took after taking tablets.

He is also eating nuts, butter fruit, fruits and watermelon.

We are planning for an IUI, kindly suggest is it good to go or we need to wait till it get increased motility, normal visocity and liquification?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vanicha,
    Welcome here.. :)
    For IUI, this count is good. Don't worry.
    Have you checked you BMI? Your height against weight? Sugar levels? Please check that as well. It could be a reason for irregular periods.
    Hope soon your TTC quest will end. :thumbsup

3. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

@vasumathy Thank you so much for the positive Response :)

your words gives trust to get involved in IUI with hopes, we are little bit worried about the viscosity and liquification in MY DH Sperm analysis and no improvement after 1 month of diet and tablets :(

regarding my weight i am 60 and height of 5.7.....hope weight is ok.......and sugar, gulcose levels were also normal......but wondering why getting irregular periods....

we are planning to go for IUI next month, just trying out this month alone naturally....hoping for best :thumbsup

4. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

Dear friend vanicha,
    As per ur message, there is no need for worry, first u ask ur husb to go for brisk walk daily in the morning for atleast 30 mins with empty stomach.
    Ask him to take red banana, dates, raisins, figs, apricot, etc, and ask him to take lot of nuts like pumpkin seeds, almonds, pista, walnut, etc.
    He should drink lot of water, and ask him to take oranges, lemon juice, tomato juice, pomegrante juice,
    These things will definitely improve ur husbs semen count, motility, morphology,
    There r many ayurvedic medicines for improving the semen count, density, motility, etc
    Ayurvedic tabs r Fortege, Speman, Addyzoa capsules, Count plus granules,
    Bangshil tablets also should be taken along with these tablets, it reduces the prostate gland enlargements and reduces the varicocele.
    My best wishes to u
    take care
    from
    malathi

1 person likes this.
  5. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Thank you malathy ....we are trying out the same approach as of now.....hoping for baby dust soon :)

6. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi

We did semen analysis for my husband first and below is the results :

70% Morphology,volume 2ml, ph 8.0, total sperm count is 55 million/ejaculate, sperm count is 30million/ml, 10% Active, 25 % slowly progressive, 20 % non progressive motile, High viscosity and >2 hour liquification, pus cell 2-3/hpf and they said asthenospermia with high visocity

we meet doctor and they gave tablets for infections if any for 1 month, Paternia XT Tablest & Multiminerals tables for last three months

After medication we took the sample today and below are the results

65% Morphology,volume 2ml, ph 8.0, total sperm count is 84 million/ejaculate, sperm count is 42million/ml, 10% Active, 20 % slowly progressive, 10 % non progressive motile, High viscosity and >1 hour liquification, pus cell 2-3/hpf and they said asthenospermia with high visocity

can you tell us if this semen is good for getting pregnancy? and why still we have high viscosity n greater liquification time after taking tablets also :(

it looks like the sperm count is getting increased but not the motility :( for any one did the tablet worked for motility after taking it for three months?

suggestion pls....also any way to over come viscosity n liquification...........we are having more water......fruits...nuts...daily walking in the mornings.........not sure why it is still the same :(

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think its not a bad one. Morphology is good. Count is good. Motility can be managed with the good quality sperms. Just one sperm of good quality is enough to do the job. You have decent motility, morphology and count; its better you people don't worry much and avoid stress through it!

1 person likes this.