confused to go IVF or IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by PurpleSS, Jul 6, 2015.

1. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

HI all,

I am 31 yrs , Married 3 yrs and on TTC. Before marriage itself i was diagonlosised by PCOS and was under treatment. after married first year we dnt think about problem in conceiving and dnt took any step for it. days passed in secong year of my marriage i got diagnolys with Lymp node TB, was under treatment for 6 months so dint eventhink abt Conceive. from that time my period was proper and found NO PCOS suprised me a lot. our 3rd yr started i was having hope in getting baby , under few months of struggle found that my RIGHT SIDE tube is blocked and RIGHT side ovary only producing dominant follicule. twist came here we broke down painfully.

we consulted dr thy said other side ie left side tube will pick the follicule just try n try days passed months passed no luck , i was taking proper suppliments and no luck.

last month my periods got delayed by 20 days with high scope and tested blooded test came negative. and dr said its pcos again.. down fuly
    on second day of my period
    AMH - 15
    e2 - 42
    fsh - 5
    lh - 7.3
    progesteron - <0.1

wat should i now i have fear that IUI wont get success coz of right tube block,
    now pcod is there should i go to IVF or waht suppose to do.
    me and my husband are clueless.

pls pls pls help me .......

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi op ,

Considering the following
    1.Ur AMH level is high... so that denotes PCOS...
    2.left tube picking up right follicle... that happens very rarely... we cant depend on that.
    3.U r already 31... so u must act fast.

my questions to u...

1.Have u tried continous 6 cycles? and is it like all 6 cycles u ovulated on ur right side? if not pls try continous 6 cycles....
    2.R u overweight? if so pls try reducing ur weight.
    3.Did u do laparoscopy? did they find out what kind of block it is?
    4.Did u try acupuncture? many say it helps... pls give a try if not tried yet.
    5. if u r not at all ovulating on ur left for continous 6 cycles its better to go for IVF because age is a big factor to be considered.

3. janu10

janu10 New IL'ite

Hi purpleSS,

Dont worrry first of all. Your values don't seem bad. I'm also PCOD patient. In general pcos patients will have lots of eggs. So dont worry. your fsh and lh value are quite ok. fsh need to be 4-5. lh less than tat. That's alright. In iui and ivf we dont require all these nonsense. I recommend you to go for ivf. Before that i need to ask you certain qs.

1. laproscopy done?
    2. took follicular study with injections?

Pcos patients will ovulate but its not possible to predict. I'm a pcos patient. done with lap. done with ivf and waiting for result. As you have touched 30s pls go ahead with ivf.

All the very best! Dont worry.

4. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

hi sugugiri and Janu ,

Thanks a lot for ur reply....

1) have not done Lapro , since my Dr said that tissue could be of TB, unblocking wont help it might end in eloptical preg.

2) 5 months track we found that egg are forming in right always via folicular internal study. used to happen on 11th , 13th and 14th day.

3) yes im over weight , 160 cms n 72kg currently invloved in physical activities.

Shoudl i directly goto IVF ? What are the pre causion/ action need to consider ?

5. janu10

janu10 New IL'ite

Hi purple!

Doctors say that if we reduce weight, a lot of difference happens. In my case, I wasn't ready to loose. If eggs are forming correctly u can go for iui first. In my case, follicular study with injections didn't help, (i.e)eggs didnt rupture!. So i went straight to ivf. ivf is very costly too. Just try for iui once provided your husband's sperm mobility is good. Else we have this grand IVF. So no worries!!

6. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

thanks Janu.. i have started physical activities now , watch in diet.

due to pcod i have gained weight , have to back to normal. i knw its time taking procedure to reduce weight , normalise ur system. but heart dosnt allow to wait its killing day by day.. im getting angry often.. to be frank J factor also increasing..

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@PurpleSS
    Weight loss is a long process. You should have patience to see some results in it. Make your mind to accept it.

I had PCOS, Slightly overweight, hormone imbalance, tube block and so.. It took 7+ years to conceive my DD with the treatments. Its a long journey with other troubles... We need to make our mind accept the reality, only then things will fall in place.

You never seen the left side produce dominant follicle? Have you checked each cycle at least for 4-6 cycles? Have you changed medicines(like clomid, injections) to see evident follicle in left side? If not, you should try these before coming to a conclusion about your treatments.

All the best.

8. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

Vasumathy omg 7yrskneesmiley .... great , tough fight. strong mind set you have.
    when ever i see any mom with kid or even my relative i feel very bad and that whole night i used to feel sad. i stoped talking to them now. coz its effecting me. i dnt think im doing wrong here.

continuous 5 months i noticed that dominant follicle always comes in right , and in left side very small small are formed but not get matured any time.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

May be you need to try different medications to trigger the left ovary. Only then your attempts your attempts will be fruitful. Doc told any reasons for it? Any suggestions from doc?
    Left tube picking right ovaries follicles is in theory, in reality, its hard job. but Miracles do happen.
    You need to figure out why the left one is not responding for medication. Try to solve that mystery along with your pcos control trials!
    All the best.

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Make sure that your husband's numbers are good before going for IUI. If there is male factor IVF may be better. But I agree with the posters to do diet and lifestyle changes first.