Confusion to take Regestrone to postpone my periods or not

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gayu031287, Jul 4, 2015.

1. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am 27yrs old and married from past3 years. I have always had irregular periods because I have Polycystic ovaries. But from past 4-5 months my periods have become regular means it doesn't delay but it would come one month after 20 days another month after 35 days.
    It has become difficult to trackmy periods pattern.
    Anyhow I am trying for preganancy and I had my last peruod on 10th june and I had unprotected sex on 28th of june.
    Now today is 4th july. I had periods kind of symptoms two days back but didnt get my periods. I had a pregnancy test today it was negative.

Now my problem is that on 7th july i.e after three days I need to go to temple and dat is vry necessary. So should I take regestrone to postpone my periods so thay I do not get it on 7th ? I am littlw scared coz I may be pregnant rght even after negative test. So dnt wanna take risk...

Help me out guys. Even going to temple is vry important and also my pregnancy is important.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Since you are trying for pregnancy you should consult your ob-gyn before taking any such medications.

3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

What if you really are pregnant and it was too early when you tested?? Since you have periods every month, though irregular, it does mean you almost ovulate regularly and the timing of unprotected sex you had can very much be your ovulating time ... do not take risk. Consult a gyneac before taking any medication at this point.

4. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Consult your gyneac before you take any medication.

5. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

since ur planning for pregnancy better avoid taking pills to delay the periods..

6. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Thank you ladies. I will then not take pills to delay my period. I would leave it on my fate then. Whether it comes or not. Will see.:) If my periods come then I wd not go to tenple dats it.. :)

7. some

some New IL'ite

Please consult your doctor, as others are also suggesting. Anyways you had LMP on 10th june, that way you are still in your 35 days window, right? Don't take chance. I remember in my teenage time, I used to take Regestrone for postponing cycles, some of my aunt had told me about that medicine. That time I dint have any idea, what consequences I may get. Now I am struggling and TTC, when I look back I regret. I should not have played with my cycles that time..:(

But OP, this is not to make you feel low or bad, just a suggestion. Please consult the doctor before you take any decision. All the best!

8. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Well the tablet is safe only. I have taken it earlier also before my marriage but now since things are different I am planning for pregnancy. I am little scared about taking the tablet.

9. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

gayu031287 please avoid tablets as you are trying for pregnancy. what I may sound silly, it happened many times for me. just trust God and say I want to come near you please remove all obstacles.