Clomid and HCG shot

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sricielo108, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sricielo108

sricielo108 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I have been trying to conceive since starting of this year and haven't got any luck till now. I have irregular periods, PCOS and Hypothyroism. Currently I'm living in US. Last month, I visited my gyn here and she suggested to try clomid for 4 months. She asked me to take clomid from my 5th to 9th day of the cycle and asked me to come for ultrasound to measure the follicles. Last month when I went for Ultrasound on 13th day the follicles were only around 15mm only. Nurse asked me to come back after 2 days and at that time it was close to 19mm. They gave me HCG shot to trigger the ovulation. We did baby dancing on the next day on wards (every alternate day) for a week. I also measured the ovulation using strips and it was positive for the first time. I was in normal diet and exercised 3 times a week. I had a dance performance and was busy going for practice and all on that month. I didn't take enough rest after my ovulation. This month my periods were due on June 21st but I didn't get anything. I was hoping something would happen. But on June 24th, I got spotting kind of thing.. it lasted for the whole day. I took blood test as Nurse asked me to and I wasn't sure whether it is spotting or actual periods. Unfortunately, the result was negative. And my periods were gone the next day. This time the flow was not good and last for just one day. I'm not sure whether it is due to I'm getting anemic. Nurse is telling its all normal. But I donno whom to ask. We are starting the clomid treatment for this month also.

I was hoping I would conceive by this treatment but started to feeling hopeless. Did anyone get success conception using clomid fertility treatment? Are there any super foods that would help me to get large follicle size and help me conceive? Please help me.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I would consult a reproductive endocrinologist instead of an ob-gyn.

3. janu10

janu10 New IL'ite

Hi!

Good that you ovulated with pcos. Why didn't you take rest after ovulation? You know that you are going to ovulate. You should have rested for some days with a relaxed mindset. anyway dont worry! try the same in your next cycle.

all the best!

4. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi op,

there are many people who conceived on clomid cycle... recently one of our IL @sindhu3006 conceived... so dont be hopeless... trust in god.. good luck for ur next cycle...

hope @sindhu3006 can give some confidence to you by sharing her experience

5. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@sricielo108

Hi dear dont worry you will conceive for sure. Even I am having PCOS and hypothyroidism...just tell me one thing is ur thyroid under control I mean between 1 and 2...its imp for the thyroid to be btwn that rang...and coming to your period..even when I used clomid I got my period only for a day and half...no need to worry about that...its common when v r using clomid...Dont worry u will conceive for sure..just stay relaxed

1 person likes this.
  6. sricielo108

sricielo108 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu3006,

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, my thyroid is under control. I was having high thyroid antibodies and doctor suggested to take selenium tablet.. After taking that my thyroid level is under the range now and I'm continuing the levothyroxine medication.
    I had volunteered for a dance program and it had been going for three months. First I thought it would give good workout. But the program date was exactly during my ovulation week. That's why I couldn't take enough rest after ovulation. Anyways, I have decided not to participate on these kind of activities anymore.
    This month we are giving second try for clomid. my 5-9 days was over last thursday. (07/02). I'm going to ultrasound tomorrow to check the follicles. Hope I would ovulate.
    Sindhu, did you do anything to relax yourself after your ovulation? I'm trying to keep my body cool by drinking buttermilk and fennel seeds.

7. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@sricielo108

I never took rest at the time of my ovulation..bcoz we donot know when we will ovulate after taking injection...I even did excercises at that time...We didnot even do Bding on the days the doc suggested...but I Conceived in my second cyle of clomid...its just that it takes time for some people...main thing dont take stress in ur tww...in my 2nd cycle I was least bothered about BFP...just try to think positive evrythng will be fine...r u taking metamorphin with Clomid

My follicles were used to be in size on my 10th day itself...so ovulation used to take place early in my case...Just divert ur mind as much as u can...All the best..baby dust to you

2 people like this.
  8. sricielo108

sricielo108 New IL'ite

Thank you dear.. :thankyou2: My gyn didn't ask me to take metamorphin yet. She suggested to go with Clomid as of now.. Not sure if she will ask me to take in future. Thank you for all your suggestions. It really boosts my confidence. I will try to relax myself during the tww. will stay in touch with you :)