2 day period and then white discharge

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by lubna16, May 28, 2015.

1. designed4women

designed4women New IL'ite

Dear lubna16,

Shorter days of periods could mean that your body is having difficulty in going to the normal length of 4-5. For younger women they get their periods late because of lack of iron and haemoglobin (anemia). Even I skipped my periods because of lack of nutrition and stress for 2 months. You might want to get a blood test done just in case your nutrients are low, which is a sign of weak body, leading to lesser blood in menstruation.

Apart from good diet, fitness is also important.Tell me, is your BMI under 27? I'm currently working with a lot of women who're trying to conceive and let me tell you, weight is one of the biggest reasons why women are having difficulty. It's in itself contributes to about 12% of infertility cases, according to The American Society for Reproductive Medicine.

Also, you must that when you're under stress, is terrible for your body. What's is more interesting, stress actually makes it harder for you to lose weight, and it turn also causes something called 'insulin resistance', which is one of the key damaging factors in diabetes as well. This resistance makes the hormones go awry and has significant impact on your menstrual cycles.
    Check out this scientific paper on how stress increases the risk of infertility:
    Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: Results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study

As for TTC of 5 months, have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing and they actually don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation. And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have ways of finding the exact time of ovulation (except calender method, which is inaccurate), and going for scans each time is tedious and expensive.

Also, the white fluid discharge could be your cervical mucus, and if it's very slippery and stretchy, then you're near your ovulation date and that time has maximum change of getting pregnant if you have timed intercourse.