PCOS trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shaansha, May 27, 2015.

1. shaansha

shaansha New IL'ite

dear friends
    am shaan here have pcos from my teenage itself.i wont get period unless i take tablet for that.its been 1.3yr married and now am trying to conceive please suggest me good dr to treat my pcos .etc

i hope i will get reply soon from your end

kindly pray and do let me know early as everyone started talking behind

2. designed4women

designed4women New IL'ite

Hi Shaansha,

I know PCOS is difficult, but it's not impossible to conceive with PCOS. As a researcher, I'm currently working with a lot of women and who're trying to conceive and let me tell you that after meeting many gynecologists, these are the things one should keep in mind.

Nutrition:
    There is no substitute for a healthy meal. Lack of iron and haemoglobin (anemia) plagues a lot of women in our country, along with VitD deficiency as we don't have fortified food like US and other 1st world countries. It's good you're taking folic acid, as it's crucial for good fetal development. Check out the right fruits (avoid things like papaya etc). If you're unsure, you might want to get a blood test done just in case your nutrients are low, which is a sign of weak body. Blood test will also tell you the status of your hormones.

Physical Fitness:
    Apart from good diet, fitness is also important. Tell me, is your BMI under 27? It absolutely must be as doctors cite weight is one of the biggest lifestyle dependent contributors to difficulty in getting pregnant. It's in itself contributes to about 12% of infertility cases, according to The American Society for Reproductive Medicine.

Stress:
    When you're under stress, is terrible for your body. What's is more interesting, stress actually makes it harder for you to lose weight, and it turn also causes something called 'insulin resistance', which is one of the key damaging factors in diabetes as well. This resistance makes the hormones go awry and has significant impact on your menstrual cycles.
    Check out this scientific paper on how stress increases the risk of infertility:
    Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: Results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study

Timing:
    For TTC have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing even when they don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation. And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have ways of finding the exact time of ovulation (except calender method, which is inaccurate), and going for scans each time is tedious and expensive. If you're looking for solutions for this, you can PM me. I'm personally working on this for women who're having difficulties.

Tell me, are you following the above mentioned things?
    If not, then PCOS or not, you must follow them. Talk to your doctor too.
    PCOD is reversible if you follow the above mentioned points.

Hoping for great news for you,
    Designed4Women

1 person likes this.
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shaan,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here..
    Are you over weight? Checked your BMI? Checked your hormone levels for confirming PCOS? Did Ultra sound? Checked sugar levels? Check all these. Try to take counter measures to those which are in outer range. PCOS can be controlled with proper care. Hope your TTC journey will end with happy note soon!
    All the best.

4. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi shaan...

Are u from chennai?
    which area are u from ... if u could mention that , it will be easy for everyone to suggest a doctor...

5. cherryBlossoms

cherryBlossoms New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and excited to see our issues getting answered in many threadshugsmiley I have been married for 2 years and 3 months and I am trying to conceive since feb 2014. I had a miscarriage in july 2014 and later was diagnosed with PCOD in jan 2015 :cry:I have also put on nearly 10 kilos since my marriage.:bonk And my periods are irregular say one month 35, the next month 40, again 28 and so on.. Twice in a year I do not get my periods for more than 50 days.I very badly want a baby :cry: :cry:Doctor adviced me to take Benforce m 500 mg twice daily. I need to reduce weight as well.
    Kindly let me know of a good diet plan to reduce weight fast atleast some 5 kgs.
    And also I would like to know if benforce m is really good. because I have heard many taking Metformin. But my doctor has prescribed Benforce m.

6. achophy

achophy New IL'ite

anyone selling ovacue fertility monitors in india?heard its really good for irregular periods n tracking ovulation to time sex.found some websites that sells ovacue but very expensive

7. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

benforce M is more effective... it has metaformin in it... dont skip ur tablet... have them regularlu as prescribed by doctor... believe in ur doctor and never compare ur medication with other ladies... all are different...i did the same during my initial stage of TTC and without prescription had metaformin and messed up my cycle... so please dont think anything stupid as i did... ur doctor know what to give u....

8. cherryBlossoms

cherryBlossoms New IL'ite

Thanks Sugugiri. I am taking Benforce regularly. I have also heard that it should be taken on the same time everyday. Mornings I usually have it at the same time.But at night I usually dont take the tablet at the correct time. Because I have dinner only after my husband comes and he comes at different timings. Does timing play a role? Thanks in advance.

9. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

no timing is not a problem as far as i know.... i think those things has to be monitored only if taken as injections... so dont worry...