very confused! doesnt know what to do....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sugugiri2010, May 27, 2015.

1. designed4women

designed4women New IL'ite

Hi Sugugiri2010,

You mentioned that you're on a good diet and are going to gym regularly too, but tell me, is your BMI under 27? I'm currently working with a lot of women who're trying to conceive and let me tell you, weight is one of the biggest reasons why women are having difficulty. It's in itself contributes to about 12% of infertility cases, according to The American Society for Reproductive Medicine.

Also, you must that when you're under stress, is terrible for your body. What's is more interesting, stress actually makes it harder for you to lose weight, and it turn also causes something called 'insulin resistance', which is one of the key damaging factors in diabetes as well. This resistance makes the hormones go awry and has significant impact on your menstrual cycles.

If you've done IUIs, then ofcourse your doctor must have tried to get to cycles regular, however, for TTC, have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing and they actually don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation. And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have ways of finding the exact time of ovulation (except calender method, which is inaccurate), and going for scans each time is tedious and expensive.

Check out this scientific paper on how stress increases the risk of infertility:
    Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: Results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study

You must reduce stress at any cost. Even for weight reduction, if say gymming is adding to your stress, then you should find other more peaceful methods, such as Pilates or Yoga.

2. designed4women

Hi Goldengirl826,

I know what you're talking about. I'm currently working with a lot of women who're trying to conceive and I hear similar stories from a lot of women. As for people, you must not give into the 'advices' and 'questions'. It's gets more difficult, usually the burden of conceiving also comes on woman, because our society tends to think that usually woman is at fault if couples is childless. That's why, as one of the ladies in the thread suggested, a basic seminogram is a must, esp when a couple is trying to conceive.

Also, you must know that when you're under stress, your body responds differently.

It also has significant impact on your menstrual cycles, that;s why you might be seeing spots and unusual flows. However, if your cycles are very irregular, then you might want to see a gynecologist. Thyroid and PCOS have become one of the most recurring reasons in more than 80% women nowadays.

As for TTC, have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, a US based research paper even says that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing and they actually don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation.

And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have way of finding exact time of ovulation (except calendar method). Have you tried anything like this?

3. designed4women

I hope this gives some clarity..

4. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

No Problem!
    monthly once visit only needed.
    5 hours travel from chennai to tiruchengode by bus.!
    Try to visit her!
    with all reports!
    All the best!

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

hi

am not sure abt my BMI... am 151cm with weight 53kgs....

what ever i do yoga or gym... everything gives me a stress if i had to go hospital for scan and injections... but when i take a break from all my treatments then i really enjoy gym , yoga and everything around... dont know how to overcome.

6. designed4women

Timing your intercourse might significantly help you.
    Check out ovulation trackers.

7. designed4women

Check out your BMI on the internet.
    If you’re interested in knowing more, you can ping me your email ID and I'll send over more information.