PCOS and TTC - Success Stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SnehAngel, May 24, 2015.

1. SnehAngel

SnehAngel New IL'ite

Hello All beautiful ladies,

Please share your success stories to overcome PCOS in oder to conceive.

If you conceived then what kind of treatment you all undergo.

Looking for some success stories.

Thank You

2. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

SnehAngel,
    I had PCOS in 2007 and was on Birth control and Metmorphin for 10 months. I was not married at that time so I was not in a hurry. Even after 1 year of medication it did not cure.
    One Gync suggested to control my diet and workout to cure it naturally till I am ready for kids.

It took me 3 years of diet control i follow it still and 30 min workout to cure it. Now
    i have a 1 year old baby and no PCOS symptoms.

Diet Restrictions:
    No Soft/sugar drinks. Only plain or lemon water.
    No Refined flour, store bought foods like bread, bagel, muffins, cake, etc. (cakes, muffins some times, home made with whole wheat flour)
    No fried items. (occasionally at parties, 1 or 2 pieces)
    Only olive, sunflower or coconut oil
    meats, mostly grilled or baked with salads
    Biryani. some time, very liitle when DH brings a to go.
    Food is mostky whole grain, with lots of veggies and fruits.

Hope this helps.

2 people like this.
  3. SnehAngel

SnehAngel New IL'ite

Hello Viki123,

Thanks for your positive reply and really feeling good after reading your message.

I am battling with PCOS since 2006 and got married in 2013. Completed two years of marriage and TTC right after marriage. In the meantime tried auyrwedic as well as alopathy treatments but no use.

I am software engineer by profession and was working late hours but I also quite my job because of PCOS and now working from home as a full time freelancer as I could not sit idle.

In last month I had first attempt of IUI and DOC told me to take HPT on 29th May.
    So eagerly waiting for it.

I did not apply any lifestyle modification like exercise or diet but I think that that's the one which plays important role.

Thanks,

Looking forward to hear you all.Hello Viki123,

Thanks for your positive reply and really feeling good after reading your message.

I am battling with PCOS since 2006 and got married in 2013. Completed two years of marriage and TTC right after marriage. In the meantime tried auyrwedic as well as alopathy treatments but no use.

I am software engineer by profession and was working late hours but I also quite my job because of PCOS and now working from home as a full time freelancer as I could not sit idle.

In last month I had first attempt of IUI and DOC told me to take HPT on 29th May.
    So eagerly waiting for it.

I did not apply any lifestyle modification like exercise or diet but I think that that's the one which plays important role.

Thanks,

Looking forward to hear you all.

4. SnehAngel

SnehAngel New IL'ite

Did HPT today morning and its negative felling depressed

5. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Hi SnehAngel,

I had PCOS too. My doctor put me on metaformin to regulate insulin. She told me to reduce atleast 8-10% of body weight. I never used to get periods and I learnt that sometimes women with PCOS dont ovulate at all. I was depressed reading it. I was 92.5 Kgs then.

The only change I introduced in my life style was walking (started with 10 and pushed up to 30 mins of fast walking) in 10 months my weight was reduced to 85 Kgs and I conceived naturally.

So the key is to lose weight. While you are working on it start preparing for your body and mind for pregnancy. Think of PCOS as God given alert message. Not many women are lucky to get. I know this sounds odd but if we did not get it we would not be concerned about our health rite? God wants you to have a healthy baby so read about preconception planning and prepare your body for pregnancy. Lose your bad habits (if you have any). If you are spiritually inclined person read about preparing yourself mentally to remain calm. In short prepare yourself for good parenting. You will conceive when time is right.

2 people like this.
  6. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

SnehAngel,
    Sorry to hear about you negative test result.
    I was very depressed when my PCOS returned after medication, i would literally cry like any thing. I went thought a lot of blogs and articles about PCOS and this what I found .
    PCOS is a syndrome, that body generates due to change in food habits and workout.
    Human body from generations is used to whole foods and lot of physical work out. when this doesn't happen the body goes out of tracks, since female reproductive system is based on hormones, that is the one that gets affected first.
    The way to counter this is to go back to whole foods and good physical work out.
    What i did was left every thing in the back burner, and followed strict diet and work out. It is thought to change all at once but, i did one by one. I could see the change in me and that motivated me a lot.
    If u could i would suggest yoga it was really helpful for me.
    Hope this helps

1 person likes this.
  7. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Even I am suffering from pcos and came to know abt it only in this november. Married an one n half yr ago and ttcing from last 2 months. As evryone are saying losing a bit of weight will really help you in conceiving. But I heard that maintaining that pregnancy with pcos is bit hard compared to others...I am now 4w5d pregnant and the growth is slow. So bit worried abt it just can't feel relaxed till I hear the lil heartbeat..

8. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

@Sindhu3006: I had PCOS and I am pregnant 34 weeks now. Pregnancy is hard with or without PCOS. Try not to worry about future. Keep stress to minimum eat healthy food. A babies heartbeat can be seen in ultrasound at around 6 weeks. When is yours scheduled?

9. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@cutecancer

As the sac growth is very slow...difference of 1 week between my lmp and the scan size doc told me to come on 26th June which should be my 8th week...but as the growth is slow I am worried very much abt that

10. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

@all: the only thing i would like to say is once we get some disease , try to come out of that, rather than sinking in that... i am hypothyroid since my 8th std(on and off on medicines).. after marriage in 2011, continuously on tablets.. but all my health problems started when i started overthinking on that, (influenced by MIL that i wont conceive etc etc)....

After sometime i realised that my positive thoughts can improve my health and i can overcome all symptoms.. only my body has that, not my mind.. Then on, i conceived and i have a 2.6 year old boy...