PCOS and TTC - Success Stories

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SnehAngel, May 24, 2015.

1. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hii friends, iam also suffering with pcod. But my periods are regular. i got pregnancy one year back, But sadly it was miscarriage on 7th week.At that time i was cried too much, iam trying for pregnancy from past 3 years but no luck. Recently again i started treatment for pregnancy. After miscarriage i found my left tubal blockage at firmbrila end , so next month iam going to laproscopy to clear the blockage and pcod.
    Iam so disappointing about my pregnancy.

2. pinkydarling

ThankQ for ur supporting message :thankyou2:. My Health problems is also started only after my marriage. Iam so worried about my pregnancy. I had 2 miscarriages in 7th week and 6th week. After miscarriage doctor said that i have left tubal blockage at firmbrila end. Iam so worried about that.

3. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

@Sindhu3006 - As per LMP I should be 38 weeks but I am in 34th week. It does not mean growth is slow so relax dear.

The reason why there is a difference is when you have PCOS your ovulation does not happen at correct time it would be delayed and irregular. Therefore fertilisation would also be delayed.

For example - Those who regular periods ovulate around 14 days and get their periods around 28-30 days. So when fertiliisation occurs due date can be calculated correctly from LMP.

Those who have PCOS have irregular periods you can never predict when we will ovulate. when fertilisation would have occured. So due date is usually calculated based on babys growth size instead of LMP.

Initally when I used to go for scan ultrasound technicians used to note down my LMP later they said don't consider LMP as there is a vast difference. Consider babies growth size.

My Gyn used to treat for PCOS and she has been handling my preganancy as well. The only differences from normal pregnancy were I had to take an additional progestrone tablet to prevent miscarriage in first trimester and additional ultrasound around 8 weeks to confirm due date based on babys growth.

4. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

@pinkydarling - Rather than focusing on tubal blockage remind yourself it will be removed next month. So start preparing fro pregnancy right away. In one of the preconception planning articles I had read that we have to prepare our body for pregnancy atleast 3 months before conception. This would help us have a healthy baby with less complication. The food you are eating now will determine the quality of your eggs 3 months later. So dont waste this month by worrying rather start watching your diet, exercise and stress levels now by the time you try concieving again you would be in better health than now. higher chance of success.

1 person likes this.
  5. pinkydarling

Thanks for suggesting some thing good for my helth and pregnancy. :thankyou2:

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I had(have) PCOS too and I would say conception is a little difficult with PCOS because of irregular periods. I was at my best during pregnancy. I had no GD and had a normal full term baby. I was a little cautious about my sugar intake but nothing too difficult. There is nothing about maintaining pregnancy and PCOS. It is your progesterone levels that help you sustain your pregnancy and that is completely unrelated to PCOS. I did not take progesterone supplements either. Dont worry and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

7. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

Don't worry, it could be because of late ovulation. I had the same issue my lmp and scan dated were different by 10 days. But my pregnancy was fine and had a healthy baby.

8. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@cutecancer,@viki123,@ramyav_cse

Thanks a lot for ur support ladies...i am having my another ultrasound on 26th june...but last month had gone thru two scans where in a week sac has grown only 5mm...hope everythng goes fine in my next scan...I am taking progesterone tabs,injections to maintain the pregnancy...I will be feeling relaxed only wen I will hear the heartbeat.

9. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@cutecancer

So hows ur baby..boy or girl. I am now in my 20th week with exact baby growth now. I am having my Anatomy scan this weekend. Just praying that it should go fine

10. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Hi Sindhu...

Good to hear that....dont worry dear..everything will turn out fine...I will pray for you as well.

When is your due date.

I had a girl (btw everyone who sees her clothed thinks she is boy because she looks and cries like a boy)....updated entire experience in july2015 due date club :)