Ferftility help?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bettymolina, May 23, 2015.

1. bettymolina

bettymolina New IL'ite

What are you ladies taking every day to help with fertility?

Currently, I'm taking the following:

Prenatal
    4000 mg of folic acid
    Metformin

I'm about to start trying royal jelly, because hell it can't hurt. What's on your lists? Has Any one Tried royal jelly? Any experiences

2. lat13

lat13 Senior IL'ite

Hi elite. I took lot of medicine but finally doc told me to take HSG. I had severe spasam so doc told do laproscopy. dey did lap 2 tubes where blocked only one tube dey opened. With 1 month I got pregnant without any medicine and injection after laproscopy

I dnt believe in medicine Only it gains weight time waste. Go to good gynecologiSt and take further steps

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi agreed that you dont believe in medicine,and things have worked out for you with a simple laproscopy.I am happy for you.However there are many here who havent found success even with invasive procedures like ivf.The op is just asking for information on what all supplements people are using to increase their fertility.

1 person likes this.
  4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi ,
    Good question
    I am taking coq10(ubiquinol 300 mg)
    Omega 3
    Selenium
    Aspirin
    folic acid

I have tried Royal jelly in the past ,however i have skin breakouts dont think it suits me.:(

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

i was taking kali jeeri mix first thing in morning with warm water along with exercise and balanced diet

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Synthroid (to maintain TSH at 1.00)
    Prenatals
    Folic acid in folate form-1 mg capsule/day
    CoQ10 300 mg 3x daily
    DHEA-Omega 3+vitamin D3

7. designed4women

designed4women New IL'ite

Hi Bettymolina,

You're right in mentioning that procedures like laproscopy/IVF also don't work for everyone. As a researcher, I'm currently working with a lot of women and who're trying to conceive and let me tell you that after meeting many gynecologist, this is my take away:

Nutrition:
    There is no substitute for a healthy meal. L
    ack of iron and haemoglobin (anemia) plagues a lot of women in our country, along with VitD deficiency as we don't have fortified food like US and other 1st world countries. It's good you're taking folic acid, as it's crucial for good fetal development. Check out the right fruits (avoid things like papaya etc). If you're unsure, you might want to get a blood test done just in case your nutrients are low, which is a sign of weak body. Blood test will also tell you the status of your hormones.

Physical Fitness:
    Apart from good diet, fitness is also important. Tell me, is your BMI under 27? Doctors cite weight is one of the biggest lifestyle dependent contributors to difficulty in getting pregnant. It's in itself contributes to about 12% of infertility cases, according to The American Society for Reproductive Medicine.

Stress:
    When you're under stress, is terrible for your body. What's is more interesting, stress actually makes it harder for you to lose weight, and it turn also causes something called 'insulin resistance', which is one of the key damaging factors in diabetes as well. This resistance makes the hormones go awry and has significant impact on your menstrual cycles.
    Check out this scientific paper on how stress increases the risk of infertility:
    Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: Results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study

Timing:
    For TTC have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing and they actually don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation. And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have ways of finding the exact time of ovulation (except calender method, which is inaccurate), and going for scans each time is tedious and expensive.

I hope this helps. Do ping me if you have any doubts on this!

Hoping for great news for you,
    Designed4Women

8. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Did you go for HSG test or you underwent both HSG and laproscopy.I am also trying to conceive for last 2 years but no success.Did HSG test in which both the tubes were open shown in scan...So please help me out in finding whether i should go for laproscopy or not?