Gynae or RE or GP which Dr to go in USA

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hivid, May 14, 2015.

1. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi All
    I am in USA currently and since the time I came here I have been spotting daily. Before coming to USA I had started homeopathy treatment in Delhi. In the past also homeopathy has caused prolonged spotting problem. I was initially supposed to go back this week bu the trip got postponed and I am going to be here for aleast a month more.
    I am in Jersey City currently. I need to know whom should I go for this prolonged spotting problem. I have a known history of PCOS. Should I go to a GP first or directly to a Gyn or should I go to a RE?
    How long does it take to appointments and how much do they cost approximately. Sorry I have no idea about healthcare in USA.
    I do have Trapic MF tablets with me. Shall I just take it on my own otherwise?
    Can anyone please help me?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Do you have health insurance?
    An Ob-gyn would be a good choice. The time it takes to get an appointment will depend entirely on the practice. Some places can get you in quickly, others can take weeks.
    The cost will also depend entirely upon your specific health plan. Usually there is a co-pay of anywhere from $20-$50 per visit. I do not know what the costs are if there is no insurance coverage.

3. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Thanks MalStrom,
    Yes I do have a health insurance. United Health Care. I wanted to know if I can direcly go to a Gyn or would need a referral from a GP?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

T
    That will depend on your insurance plan. Usually you will not need a referral for routine gyn care, but always call the insurance company and check first.