HSG test help (Bangalore)?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Nithya001, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I need to get an HSG test done. Can someone share their experience. I read at a lot of places that it is painful and it might even lead to bleeding. Is this true? Can it lead to some side effects?

Can anyone who has got this test done in Bangalore suggest a good place where I can get HSG done? Thanks in advace

2. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Hi @Nithya001, I can share my experience of HSG test. It is little painful at the time of testing only but after that you will not feel much pain. One hour before the test, I have taken a pain killer, which helped me a lot. The pain which we experience is similar to period cramps. Make sure you take a pad with you because after procedure you might need it for some time, dye or some blood spots are seen.

But I have heard from few of my friends that if there are blockages in overies then pain is a lot more.

As soon as your procedure is completed, doctor/testing physician would inform your results.

All the best[​IMG]. Don't worry much.

And I had taken this test in US.

P.S:- Posted same reply,
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...267899-hsg-test-in-hyderabad.html#post3495162

1 person likes this.
  3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@nithya001 Hsg test is usually done between CD 6 and CD 12. For me there was pain for about 1 minute when the doc injected the die.pain is like period cramps only multiple times worse in intensity. Just before the procedure I was given an injection to relax my muscles. I was not given pain killers.after the procedure I was prescribed antibiotics to be taken for 3 days.this was to prevent infection. There was some mild spotting on the day I did hsg and the next day. My friend did hsg in Bangalore and said it did not hurt . so I guess painless hsg is Also possible.may be they give good dose of pain killers. All the best

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I did my hsg at Fortis,and it was a painfull one.The pain felt similiar to really bad cramps experienced during a period.The intensity is much higher.Now the good news is that ,the pain is felt only for a min or two,and the moment its done,the pain vanishes.I wasnt really prepared for the procedure,or else i would have taken a heavy dose of painkiller beforehand.Anyways i would suggest to speak to a doctor or the nurse if you can take a pain medication beforehand.Dont forget to carry a pad,coz you will be spotting after the procedure.They give you antibiotic which has to be taken fro 3-5 days.
    Good luck ahead,and be mentally prepared.

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi@nithya001

They give u a semi anesthesia , they insert die ,so while inserting die it will be little painful. take some hot coffee or tea ,u will be fine... normally there wont be any bleeding... but some ppl say they had.

But if u do hsg , for the next 3 months u will be super fertile.. so go ahead and do it,, u have all possibilities to get pregnant after this

6. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi nithya001...the HSG test is done between D5 and D12 usually. I had mine done at Fortis and the best radiologist in Bangalore is Dr Raghav. Almost all women come to Fortis or go to his clinic (Raghavs) to undergo this test as most doctors refer only to him.

With regards to the pain - U are usually given a tab before the procedure to help your body relax through the initial pain. The pain of the procedure is more like the period pain, which hits the most after the procedure and minimum during the procedure. At Fortis, when I took the procedure, all the patients who went through the procedure had a Metalspas tab before the procedure but since it wasnt effective post the procedure, took a painkiller shot after the proecure and then didnt feel a thing after 20 minutes. THe most important aspect is to clearly mention that you want the painkiller shot as thsi is the most effective pain management mode after this procedure.

As a part of the procedure, you would need to carry or purchase a few pads to hold you through after the procedur due to the spotting and would need to have a course of prescribed antibiotics after the procedure.

There are no side effects of the procedure and is perfectly normal procedure to go through for most women.

I personally didnt enjoy the pain in the procedure, but considering its vital step before any fetility treatment, not much choice but to bear through the pain.

7. varab

varab New IL'ite

what is the cost of HSG at Fortis, Bannerghatta road?

8. anusharamarao

anusharamarao New IL'ite

Hiii doctor suggested me for the same test in forties. Actually I did not get the appointment I am in waiting list . will they call me again. Please reply me mam . from 2 months I am trying for the test but I am not getting the slot

9. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Is it okay to do HSG before even one attempt of follicular study?

10. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

Hi Sri....

I think you can talk to ur doc and decide....My doc did once follicular study and then she told me to do HSG....

So it depends on the doctor I guess...