stress and ivf

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by memeera1234, Mar 1, 2015.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hey dearies, am back after a short break. Busy with work, home and all. Yesterday, went to Nova IVI clinic. They suggested to go for IVF. Anyways, planning to go for one soon..

Just had one query..does stress interfere with conception during IVF?? I asked doc..she said yes. One needs to remain stress-free. I re-joined work a few months back. Very stressful environment at work. My DH comments you look always in tension after joining work. It's not physical stress but mental one. Lot of work pressure et al.

Anyways my priority is having a baby. I am ready to quit again if situation demands so. Just wanted to ask you all ladies: Did you all couple IVF with job?? What has been your experiences? What would be your suggestion to me? Ladies, pls help.

2. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,
    Good to hear that you have finally made up your mind and planned for ivf.

Yes one has to be stress free for all this.
    Based on my experience I was also working while ttc and I know i too had little bit of stress at office.
    But I used to cope up with it by practising yoga everyday. Being a manager I had to be available most of the times be it work or my team members. So I couldn't stay that I used to forget or leave office tension at office it used to follow with me at home too.
    But I made my ivf priority and would give only much needed attention at office from the day the procedure started till 2WW .
    Also i took leave during 2WW so that office stress doesn't interferes with me.

better don't let office stress bother you. I know it's easy to say but you are the one who are facing it. So you will need to decide on it whether you can or not.
    If you have an option to leave job you can better do it because you will be investing lakhs of rupees and you wouldn't want you to be more stressed as you are already.

All the best dear. And just stay tension free.things will be fine soon. :thumbsup

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have been working through both my IVFs. I love my job and giving it up is not an option for many reasons. However I am fortunate to have a good work envorinment. My boss is very understanding when I need to take time off. My work is also flexible and as long as I get things done I don't have to stick to set hours. I don't work in IT.
    However I had a lot of stress just due to how things worked out during the whole process. If my work had also been difficult I don't know how I would have managed.
    It will depend on your situation. If your job is creating stress and you have an option to take a break it may be worthwhile.

1 person likes this.