Checkups to be done before TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by generic, Feb 28, 2015.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

If a couple wants to start a family,in say another 6 months, when is the best time for the lady to consult a gynaecologist, and what are the checkups and tests that gynecs usually prescribe for ladies to check their general and reproductive health ? (blood tests/ultrasound etc?). One doctor mentioned to me that they may conduct tests to check the immunity and may recommend some vaccinations or booster doses for the woman if her immunity level is not very good.

Do gynecs usually prescribe any prenatal multivitamins/folic acid tablets to women who are TTC? If yes, please mention the names of the tablets prescribed.

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

no replies for such a simple query?:confused2:

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can schedule an appointment right away.
    When I visited the ob-gyn they did the following:
    1. Pelvic exam and pap smear
    2. Pelvic ultrasound
    3. Day 3 bloodwork to check for reproductive hormone levels: they will ask you to come on the second or third day of your period for this
    4. Comprehensive bloodwork including thyroid test, hemoglobin A1c and vitamin D levels.
    6. Semen analysis for husband
    They advised me to start taking prenatals with folic acid. I also take omega-3 pills with vitamin D. I am not sure of the brand names in India. These are over the counter pills which I buy at the local shops.

1 person likes this.
  4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Pap Smear and Normal Checkup like blood pressure . That's it. You need to take Prenatal vitamins which contains DHA. It can be generic brand too. Don't wait for ovulation to try , try on all days becoz conception is possible on any day. Don't stress urself during this time.physically and mentally. Also if you feel like u conceived from your symptoms , don't take any other medicine without doctor's advice. Good Luck.

1 person likes this.