Can lubricant help me conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sugugiri2010, Feb 17, 2015.

1. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

Am suffering from PCOS and have been TTC for 3 yrs now , initially i have conceived twice which lead to miscarriage, but after that i never conceived,
    I conceived after i had done my first HSG test. I was very fertile at that time , i had lot of cervical mucus. but after that i never had such kind of mucus.

My questions are as below:
    Is it because i have pcos i have less CM?
    so as per my experience i think if i have good cervical mucus i can conceive, am i right?
    can i use any kind of lubricant like preseed or whatever available in market, is there a possibility?

Please help me yaar..... am feeling very depressed.

Note : am taking treatment , am developing good eggs , my hus also has got gud sperm count.... no other issues.

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@OP...
    some type of lubricants are known to kill sperms and they also affect cervical mucus.. you better consult some gynec

1 person likes this.
  3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi Indoc , thanks for ur reply will surely consult my doc before i use it.....

any more opinion guys..... pls do help

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I think only preseed is safe when ttc.If you want to naturally increase your CM,try taking Evening primrose oil supplement.Drinking tons of water helps too.

5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

1) Might be, i read somewhere in google that PCOS leads to less CM
    2) It all depends on how good your quality of eggs are? Are you ovulating at right time.
    3) Yes you can use pre-seed, heard good reviews. But try to consult your Obgyn before using any. As you are taking treatment, consult the same doctor.

Lots of baby dust to all TTC ladies.

6. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi, forgot to mention have epo only upto days leading to ovulation, it's not safe to take after ovulation, as it can cause early uterine contractions. I have also read great reviews about fertile cm, you might be able to purchase it online. For pcos, it could be tricky to pinpoint exact ovulation, with just the cm, I would rather suggest temping, to know your ovulation pattern. Also note, as you age, it's natural that the quantity of cervical mucus decreases.

7. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sugu

I have read that drinking hot water helps in increase of cervical mucus.

Cheers
    Preethi

8. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

HI Jaden,

Thanks for ur response. I am taking lots of water already... i too heard of This EPO , where do we get to buy it... is that available in supermarkets? I too saw in websites that raw garlic helps too... is that true any idea?

9. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

HI Dream,

Thanks for ur response,

"2) It all depends on how good your quality of eggs are? Are you ovulating at right time." i dint get you... is quality of egg and CM interconnected in anyways? am ovulating on 16th day...(is dat rgt time?)
    Sure i will consult the doc before i go for it.

10. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thanks, will do that too....