Infertility is unique

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by myperspective01, Feb 10, 2015.

1. myperspective01

myperspective01 Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

After reading our ILites' responses, I think one thing which is prevalent throughout this journey is Fear, both internal and external.
    As some of ILite friends pointed out, this can easily shatter the confidence of a person.

"Whether I will achieve success by doing this pariharam/visiting temple?"

"Maybe I shouldn't have had sweets that day- which messed up my levels?"

"Maybe I shouldn't have shouted at that person 10 yrs ago-is it the reason why this is happening to me now?"

"Is work stress bad for me? Should I quit?"

This and hundreds of other fears....

It is difficult to maintain our sanity and confidence in this journey.
    This is a journey with no established procedures and no guarantees.
    Anything or nothing can work.

We need to choose our own path in this journey and keep walking on that path, irrespective of what the society says.
    Whatever path we choose, If we have faith in that, I'm sure God will give us courage to move ahead.

2 people like this.
  2. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Infertility is definitely unique... You never know what is that missing thing and when it clicks.

I had been very -ve person after we were found that i am not able to conceive. My DH had almost gone in depression. Not only women face social pressure, even men do. Even men are questioned in there offices about good news.. Even they feel bad when their colleagues discuss about their child and saving plan and all ..

Both of us had lost hopes that we will ever be parents. My Dh lost faith in god but i continued as i know god is only one for all problems and we should pray him/her not only for our happiness but we should continue to pray without asking.

Social stigma lies for childless couples and no one can sympathize but only can throw tantrums. Infertility in endless journey where we do not know what is waiting ahead of us, which road will lead us to where, time / age is again a main factor. If we choose wrong doctor, we waste few years and again back to square one.

My long journey for 6 yrs TTC have just ended after 10-11 failed IUIs and one failed ICSI and conceived now through FET. It has been a very very long journey with lot of emotional breakdowns and physically. I was not able to cope with this stress and office stress. But we really do not know when it clicks and i think we should keep on trying. For me i wanted to try as many attempts because i do not wanted to repent in my 40's or 50's that i should had tried this way or that way and feel guilty at that time. So better KEEP TRYING...
    I do not want to hurt anyone here but i want everyone of you to get encouraged then never lose HOPES. Keep Trying... Some day some where you will definitely conceive either through this technologies or either naturally.

7 people like this.
  3. ArchanaSankar

ArchanaSankar New IL'ite

pls suggest good lady dr. in duabi for infertility. someone told dr. mini mohan is good . pls let me inform her no. pls it is very helpful for me. I am so weired.

4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear Jigs,

Very happy to hear abt your good news... pray god bless you with healthy progeny... I too am planning to go IVF way.. do pray for me... BTW which doc did you consult?? Any suggestions??once again, hearty congrats dear..

Love

Meera

1 person likes this.
  5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

@teejay, I can relate almost all things in your post:-(
    TTC has changed me a lot too. But still am trying to be in touch with few relatives/friends giving all fake happiness/smiles. I did not share anything with my parents about our doctor visits,tests or IUI. My Parents and IL's rarely or once in a month ask us about grandchildren topic and we both skip it by saying we are in the process and you are first people to know it. Me and my DH decided to take it up by ourselves. So we both are our own support system in this journey. Hoping and praying for the best.

1 person likes this.
  6. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

After reading all your responses, I feel for you all ladies and i got to face all these situations too...at workplace/shopping malls, whenever i see pregnant ladies I just go blank for a while imagining if ever I will get that opportunity one day...but looks like God is taking it longggg for it to become a reality...Praying for all you TTC ladies with cute babies soon...Hope God listens to our prayers soon...

3 people like this.
  7. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

@memeera1234,
    Thanks a lot dear. Yes of course will pray for you and definitely you will conceive. Don't worry. Everything will be alright.

I consulted Dr. Nandita Palshetkar at Lilavati. She also comes at d.y.patil nerul.
    I used to come the way from Pune to nerul for ovulation study from day 2
    And did icsi and fet at lilavati bandra.

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@dreamworld Its a good thing that you and your DH are supporting each other. Its also great that you are keeping the details to yourself than letting the rest of the family know. unfortunately My DH & I are past the age where 'we are still planning to have kids in the future' can be given as an excuse.So most of the relatives know.This has only added to my problem,with each person having an opinion and wanting me to take up their suggestion. Any ways...hoping and praying is all we can do at this point.And of course support each other. All the best to us :)

9. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

You are right JigsSM , infertility changes us a lot physically,mentally and emotionally....Me and DH have been married for 6 years now and had first ICSI -FET in Feb this year which was a failure......My DH expected that he will soon be able to hold our baby but our dreams shattered. We were under the belief that IVF would be 100 % success and now we are facing the harsh realities of IVF. Moreover IVF is very expensive here in UAE where i live and work....Now planning to do the next round of IVF after 2 or 3 months so that we can prepare financially,mentally and physically....
    God bless us all soon and take care.....