Defeating PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by afcpreethi, Feb 2, 2015.

1. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

Hi @Sindhu3006, @RamyaHari2009

My cousin was advised to not ttc as according to the dietician having herbalife or other such meal replacement products depletes the body's natural stores of vitamins and minerals. She said it is recommended you take a course of 3 months and give your body 3 months to recover yourself. You can do intercourse for sure however conception should be avoided. You can consult a doctor for further clarification.

2. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@tarasharma

Anyhow I stopped taking that product long back and at that tym I was not doing ttc...any how will keep this in mind from next time

3. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @tarasharma, will not use herbalife products then :hide:

4. PurpleSS

PurpleSS New IL'ite

count me in , i need to chat my deit plan..

5. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

How is your fight with PCOS going on? Hope you are winning the match.
    Well, I am too late but would like to join you al l now. I am also diagnosed with PCOS and would like to fight it and conceive a baby soon.

I have recently reduced the quantity intake of White rice and completely stopped sugar and other sweet substance.

I am going to gym almost daily, I walk and do cycling at gym (Since its very cold outside I prefer gym).

Does Brown rice go good with Dal/ sambar etc ?? Can we replace it with white rice completely?

Also daily morning and evening I do surya namaskaram and few other yoga exercise like Kapalabharathi - exhaling the air where your stomach goes in. I too have gained weight specially in my Abdominal part(tummy fat).

Please let me know how your schedule helped you all these months? hope you were successful.
    Do reply.
    Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Jyo17
    Welcome to Indus ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here..

You can replace brown rice with regular rice and it should be ok with dal/sambar. Check our low Glycemic index foods. That will help in weight loss too.
    Check your BMI and try to bring it to normal range.
    Baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Ms Vasuamthy,

I checked the [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]low Glycemic index foods and they were indeed helpful. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]And my BMI is 24.2, but would exercise more to bring it down to 22 atleast. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]One thing I have observed is, despite a lot of exercise the weight doesn't decrease much.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I put down on calories but as I have more of testosterone production, ?I easily tend to develop muscles. I guess it's better than to have calories right?

I wish your words come true and soon I conceive.

good day!
    [/FONT]

8. Vasumathy

I too find i very difficult to loose weight. External appearance will change, not the weight... I don't know what to do in that circumstance.
    Your BMI isn't bad. Don't push too much. You might need to put only little effort to loss few Kgs. All the best.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

OH! Sure I am working on my cardio - strength and simultaneously on my diet.

Let me know if this is fine :

Morning - Green tea in hot water (No sugar)
    Break fast - upma/ idly/ dosa/ brown bread

Lunch - a medium sized bowl of white rice (Only one serving) - both sambar rice and curd rice I eat and almost daily along with lunch, I take carrot and cucumber salad.

Evening - one fruit or sprouts

Night - light weight tiffen.

I drink buttermilk with one spoon of Flax powder mixed in it in the noon. And I do drink a lots of water. I have completely cut down on dairy products

I exercise for about 1 hour a day. (30 mins continuous cardio)

Is this going to help me well? Do give me some tips.

Thank you,

Cheers,
    Jyo

10. Vasumathy

Hi Jyo,
    You should add more vegetables and fruits. It seems those are not mentioned. Veg and fruits helps in getting more vitamins and minerals.
    I think your exercise routine and food schedule should help you! All the best.