Defeating PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by afcpreethi, Feb 2, 2015.

1. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sharmistha,

Good that you have reduced 4 Kgs. I am also sweet toothed and unable to control sometimes. I am also planning to take brown rice, but heard that it takes a lot of time to cook. Does it taste well with normal sambar or other gravies. Fenugreek helps to lower blood sugar and promotes ovulation.

All the best for your blood results.

Cheers
    Preethi

2. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Brown rice does not taste good, it is bland. When I started having it, I used to find it really hard. But, now i am becoming habituated. I am from Odisha and prefer thick Dal with it. Today, I have tried ginger coconut brown rice with green peas. I would suggest you to try with thick sambar/ papu /dal.

But, the sad part is I got my GTT result and this time my glucose level is higher than before. Doc is going to put me under even more strict diet. Really very sad with it. I think the culprit is stress not my diet. Today, I will get results of other hormones and then visit Doc again. Feeling helpless!! :(

Thanks
    Sharmistha

3. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sharmistha,

I will try brown rice as you have mentioned. Do you cook that in cooker?

Dont worry about the blood reports. Good that you were able to find out that your glucose level is slightly high, so that you can get the correct treatment. So no need to worry at all.

I am also planning to meet a gynaec as soon as I get my period. So that she can do the necessary blood work . I find very difficult to lose weight thinkingsmiley

Cheers
    Preethi

4. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies, I too have PCOS. Along with Diet, Stress and Exercise play an important role.

Try to daily do walking/yoga for 30mins. Be stress free. And follow diet, then you can see results.

I am trying to maintain my diet and exercise but seeing results very slowly. If you dont like brown rice, try to eat any curry or dal with wheat upma. I made wheat upma as my rice ingredient. Hope this helps:cheers

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharmistha

Congrats for reducing 4 kgs...

to reduce ur insulin level add little cinnamon powder in all that u eat... for eg if u take tea.. add little cinnamon powder in that... in ur dal...etc

then take lemon tea , mint tea and peppermint tea... all will help u to maintain ur insulin level

All the best
    Suganya

6. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi afcpreethi,

I have heard that fenugreek is useful for regulationg irregular periods, but saw your post mentioning that it promotes ovulation

Do we need to take fenugreek seeds only during ovulation period or can be taken till we get periods?

Hope this does not mess with pregnancy- i mean what if we are pregnant (before taking pregnancy test) and by taking this if we get periods

Is that possible?

7. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

Hi gals,

I would like to join with u in this challenge.:)

8. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Gals,
    How are things going on??
    I was having cold and wheezing so not able to do any exercise. I will start doing exercise from 2moro.

Cheers
    Preethi

9. Ashwini1987

Ashwini1987 New IL'ite

Hi, I too have PCOS. I have already started with diet and Gym. My trainer suggested me to drink 2 glass of hot water 30 minutes prior to Lunch & Dinner.This helps to reduce Fat and Carbohydrates from body. So Far I lost 2 Kgs in 3 weeks time period.

All the best all of you.

Regards,
    Ashwini

10. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

@ashwini1987 Yes its a good habit to drink warm water early in the morning on empty stoamch and prior to lunch/dinner.

Try to add some lemon and honey in the warm water which you drink early mornings and see the results on your glowing face along with reduction of fat in body.