Views on Prenatal Vitamin tablet

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by san9geetha, Jan 31, 2015.

1. san9geetha

san9geetha New IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hello Dr,
    i am trying for my second child for past 6 months but nothing working out. My friends suggested me to take "Prenatal Vitamins". But am bit skeptical even-though i read about the positive feedbacks. Can you pls suggest me whether it is good to take those medicine. Let me also know whether it gud to take And which to take either "Prenatal multivitamin+folic acid" or " prenatal Multi with DHA" ?

Hope your answer will provide some light on my thoughts.

Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I highly recommend prenatal multivitmains. My suggestion - take the prenatal Multi with DHA, but make sure it has at least 800 mcg of folic acid in it. If it doesn't, take the one with the folic acid and add an omega 3 with DHA supplement on the side. Apart from compensating for dietary shortfalls, multivitamins are very useful in reducing the risk of spinal and neural defects in the fetus during the first trimester. Just make sure you do your due diligence and pick a trustworthy brand.

3. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Dear OP, if you are trying to get pregnant, then pre natals are much required. Start taking them ASAP. Make sure about your Folic acid intake also, as it reduces the risk of birth defects of baby's brain and spine.

Lots of baby dust to all TTC ladies:thumbsup

4. san9geetha

san9geetha New IL'ite

Thank u sooo much Gauri03 and DreamWorld. Will start my prenatal hunt from now on...