High AMH

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mercyanburaj, Jan 28, 2015.

1. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,
    I have pcod. All hormone levels are normal but amh is high 8.5ng/ml. Is this very high to conceive. My hsg too came back normal. Dr. prescribes metital instead of metformin. How effective is metital? Please provide your suggestions.

Regards,
    Mercy

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hihg AMH is possible due to PCOD. Did your doc check the antral count and the other parameters of FSH and LH before asking you to start on the metaformin?

3. mercyanburaj

I have no idea about antral count. My FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin are normal. With high AMH can I conceive? Also is metital more effective than metformin? Doctor asked me to stop metformin and take metital with folic acid.

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Most docs are moving to metital and folic acid these days as its the new age medication. High AMH basically indicates that you have a higer than normal ovarian reserve. TO what i know it being less is usually a prolem, nt when higher.

Also, higher is an indicator of PCOS and docs usually do the full panel hormone tests to be sure about it.

5. mercyanburaj

Thank you for ur reply...

6. subam

subam New IL'ite

Hi I am Suja from Chennai. I got married 2 years now have PCOS. Scan tablets getting sad. My LH is less. again had my follicle started srarted. i have some doubt.
    Right and left ovary shows multiple small follicles less than 1cm in dia.
    Right and left adnexa appeared normal.
    No free fluid on POD.
    Impression
    Normal Appearing Uterus, Endometrical Cavity.
    Both Adnexae, pouch of douglas.
    Polycystic ovaries.

please help me to understand this. Dr. says all normal. But cant able to conceive. Hubby count normal.

Pls advice me...