HSG is the reason?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Harithag, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi,

iam TTC now and had done sono hysterogram(saline) last month on 6th day.the same cycle had IC on every 4thday from 12th to 20th day of my 31 day cycle.but I didn't conceive. Moreover I had severe cramps and heavy bleeding compared to other cycles.
    what would be the problem? Please help.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Haritha, what do you mean every 4th day? For a 31 day cycle, your best days would be between 14th day to 19th day, to make sure before and after ovulation days are covered. Maybe I didn't understand what you were saying.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There should not be any complications from the saline sonogram. Call your doctor if you are concerned. Your cycle will most likely be normal next time.
    Our ob-gyn told us to have IC every other day during the fertile window, about 6 days for us.

4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Rakhii, i mean to say that i had IC on 12th,16th,20th days of my period.

5. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Yes Malstrom,This month i had normal cycle.Iam not sure whether the saline in the uterus was the reason for cramps and heavy bleeding.

6. Rakhii

I think its better to do it every day from 13th to 20th day Haritha. I mean, say if you are ovulating on 14th, the day before, the day of and the day after are considered best days. You would have missed all 3 days if you are with the 4th day technique.

When we started trying for a baby, I tracked the days when I ovulate. I used to temp. I mean, I started taking my basal temperature the first thing in the morning. On the day of ovulation, it spikes up. Thats how you know when you ovulate. Of course there are kits available too, you can even buy them at dollar store.

Please try every day from 13th day to 20th day.

7. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,

I managed to track other symptoms of ovulation and seems like i ovulate on 17th day.temping may not be possible for me.

Every day trying is so exhausting.shakehead
    I didnt know dollar stores has ovulation kits.Thanks for info.Will try them next month,if i didnt get BFP this cycle.Wish me luck.I think you are TTC.Good Luck.

8. Rakhii

Haritha, why is temping not possible? Just keep the thermometer and a paper/pen beside the bed and do it.
    Also, I understand its hard to do it every day. Thats why its important to track the ovulation days and do it every day for those 5 days. I am pregnant now :)

9. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Rakhiii.Have a safe and happy pregnancy..

DD co sleeps and she wakes up like every 4 hours and feel i dont have continous sleep.Thats the reason why temping may not work for me.

10. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hsg should'nt cause any problems-infact it should ease pregnancy because the tubes are sort of cleant-If anything it has to do with saline not being sterile etc.....sicne it goes into uterus it should be very clean saline-please check with your gyneac!