is trigger shot necessary?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mercyanburaj, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I took clomid 100 mg on cd2-6. I had 17mm follicle on cd11. I was not given trigger shot. Is it necessary to have trigger shot? With this size when would i ovulate approximately? Plz gv out some opinions.

Regards,
    Mercy

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Common rule for giving trigger shot is when the follicules are between 18-20mm. Without trigger I.e natural ovulation it depends on their hormonal level. Generally I tend to ovulate around cd16 -18 . so obviously my follicle will be around 25mm.
    If ur cycle is around 28 days then within cd14 u will ovulate. So keep having contacts to increase ur chances.
    Good luck

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Getting a trigger is sort of a sure shot aim at ovulation.It guarentees one.Within 36 hrs you normally ovulate after the trigger.Without the trigger the body takes its own time to ovulate,so the size of the follicule could be anywhere between 18mm to 25 mm.The trigger is normally given at 18 mm follicule,so the mature follicule at ovulation could be around 20-22mm.Any follicule over 25 could result into a overipe egg.

4. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite