Need info about tests

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jan 11, 2015.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I have been suggested by my doctor to go through some tests. I wanted to ask the timings and relevance of these tests. She as written like this-

EA-HPE, AFB, PCR and AMH

She called me on CD2, after that I don't know when she's going to call me. I may have to take leaves from work but depending on when these tests will be done. Are these tests days specific?

Has anyone been to Dr. Neeta Singh (AIIMS, Delhi)?...any reviews?

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@msms, I do not know about the rest of the tests, but AMH is not day specific. It can be tested during any day of your cycle. It is done to check the ovarian reserve

3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@msms, AMH is to test your ovarian reserve and can be tested any day. EA-HPE, AFB, PCR are to test if there is tb of uterus or endometrium (Tuberculous Endometritis). No idea when they are ideally tested. Have you done other basic blood works??

1 person likes this.
  4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks Teejay and Twinkel.
    @Twinkel, Yes all blood tests are done, HSG done...everything is normal including DH's SA. Tried 2 IUIs, now changed the doctor, straight away she suggested all these tests to rule out the problem. It seems she'll be planning for IVF. She also suggested laproscopy ..which has not been done yet. For lapro, is there any specific day?

5. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

My gync suggested lapro before my ovulation. Generally between cd-8 to cd-12

6. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

I agree with mrithulanaren.Lap can be done any day after your period stops until few days before you ovulate. One main reason is that the endometrium will be thinner soon after your periods and it gets thicker as your ovulation day comes closer. Its easy for the doctor to perform laparoscopy and view the inside of your uterus,ovary etc when the endo is not thick. Furthermore, if it's before ovulation, the risk of harming a possible foetus is also eliminated.

7. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks ladies, for details. what is the difference between laproscopy and hysteroscopy? Though I found it on google but was wondering , every ttc lady has to go through this? I mean like, lapro is for endometriosis, but are there any symptoms for that? Or is it just a blind game, that because conception is not happening, so we need to see if some tb or endometriosis is there? thinkingsmiley

And is there any possibility that somebody would have these things and they dint know but they conceived in its own course of time?