Progesterone supplements for early pregnancy or to induce cycle??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Twinkel, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Wait, as far as I know, CC is given only when there are no dominant follicles or no ovulation because of empty sacs that seems similar to follicles. When you do have a dominant follicle and you are ovulating, why are you being treated for ovulation? may be the problem is not with ovulation. Did you take second opinion about it? Besides, CC is not prescribed for more than 3 or 4 cycles, as that may be very dangerous.

2. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Yes I also thought so, thats why I asked. She used to scan on CD3 and after ruling out that there are no follicles from last cycle, she used to prescribe me clofert 100 mg from day 3 to day 8. Then wait for 1 or 2 days and depending upon the size of follicle I used to take injection for rupture. But there also after 36 hours of injection, when she used to scan again, that follicle would be there most of the times and I was told that free fluid is there, that means it is already ruptured, this may be ghost follicle or corpus lutetium. Also I have taken clofert for four cycles already.

3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@msms ... how do you know if you are ovulating on your own or with clomid? Have you went for scans when you were off clomid?

4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

yes before clomid, 2-3 cycles were only scan and injection for rupture. As I told you even after injection that follicle used to be there but of big size or smaller size. Ideally it should vanish but she told me since the shape is not good and there is free fluid, you have ovulated.

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Back to square one :drowning
    Am feeling clueless... As I already mentioned, I started injectables for iui last cycle, but after taking clomid(for 5 days) and one injection, I had to abruptly stop the treatment because I met with an accident and had knee ligament sprain..
    Doc said I had every chance of getting pregnant if we tried naturally around ovulation time and I had no idea when I ovulated.. (though we had IC twice or thrice around that time, that was just natural and we did not track ovulation and didn't think about it)... I took hpt, got negative and took progesterone (meprate) for 5 days... its been 13 days that I stopped the pill and no period yet :spin

6. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Twinkel, does this happen to you often(I mean the delay)? If this cycle has been longer than your usual cycles, I suggest you talk to your doc. I remember when I did my one and only (failed)IUI, I was put on progesterone suppositories and I got my P on the 14th day after ovulation (even though I was still using the suppositories)

7. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Teejay, I generally get my period within 5 days after stopping pill... and my lmp was on nov 11th... I tested on dec 20th, it was negative. So I don't think its pregnancy, it's something else... :-( maybe hormones aren't acting on me anymore...

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Story of our lives!! TTC does bring out a range of emotions. Back to your situation, it is a long time to go with out Periods if there is no pregnancy involved Twinkel. Get your doctor's advice and may be do a beta HCG . Am sure this can be fixed console1

9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

yeah, its long time, and am badly waiting for AF to show up so that I can continue with my treatment.. new cycle new hope...
    If I call my doc, I know she will ask me to again check with hpt, or beta hcg or scan, which I dont wanna do, because I am convinced it's negative and it hurts very bad to reassure that every time :-(

10. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Hmmm...in that case twinkle, try some home remedies and see

1. ripe papaya
    2. til ka laddoo
    3. things with lot of jiggery in it
    4. exercise like cycling
    5. hot baths

May be they will help.