Confused about IVF, professional carrer and place for IVF

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Dec 25, 2014.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks nikitaram and aarth0203!
    @Nikitaram.. Did you get all your tests done before moving to IUI( like laproscopy, histeroscopy, uterus biopsy etc.?).

Getting a good doctor is very important. I wish I could find the one in my own city..:(

2. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi msms,
    Before IUI my doctor asked me to get an HSG done to check tube patency. During the 2nd iui I developed endometrial polyps so I had to get a hysteroscopy done before the next cycle. Laproscopy,hysteroscopy etc are diagnostic procedures which a doctor will typically not ask you do before starting iui. If the iuis are not successful then these procedures are done.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

IVF is not painful, just a big commitment of time, emotions and money. It will make it much easier if you do it in your hometown or at least close by. If you are able to fly, then the distance is less of a problem. I know women who travel to reputed fertility clinics far away from home, but if you can avoid it it is best.
    The injections are not bad, except if you need a HCG trigger shot. The egg retrieval is done under complete sedation, and can take a few days to recover. Other wise I did not find it physically difficult, but it is emotionally taxing.
    Your doctors seem to have covered all the basic tests. AMH is used in addition to FSH to predict the ovarian reserve. It is more stable than FSH, which can fluctuate over the cycle so many doctors are starting to look at it.
    If all the tests for both of you are fine, then you could go for a few more rounds of IUI before committing to IVF. It was not an option for us due to male factor and we were advised to move straight to IVF.
    Wish you all the best.

1 person likes this.
  4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks MalStrom and nikitaram. Like both of you said that my gynec had done all the basic tests for me, I am little relaxed. After 2 IUIs, when I went to AIIMS, they straight away told me to come on CD2 and get all those tests done (laproscopy, hysteroscopy, AMH and uterus biopsy etc.). So my friends and relatives told me , these things should have been done before IUI, you are not getting right kind of treatment there. And thats when I also started thinking the same way. Now the reason to choose AIIMS is, that its a government and best hospital where doctors are aware of all current research and technologies. And moreover they will not tell to do anything, just to make money (thats how everyone thinks in my family). But I argue that there may be plenty of good doctors around, and the question is how to find them? At least with this healthy discussion I have made up my mind, that I should find some good doctor in Mysore or at least in Bangalore.

5. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Msms....I know its a touch stressful phase to be in but I would strongly suggest that you take some time out and look at things in terms of your priorities for this. Yes, the IVF process is cumbersome, but really do think that with the right doctor, if all your other parameters are fine, an IUI would be more than enough to address your situation. Most of those procedures of lapro, hysteria, etc are done only when the transition from IUI to IVF happens.

Don't get stress out....think, plan and then proceed. All of us in this group have gone through or going through this phase and would be more than happen to help and support your through this journey. Don't panic...things will work out, have some faith and always believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you. Best wishes!

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Msms,
    Did they check your thyroid levels: complete thyroid panel and not just TSH?
    For TTC, the TSH should be 2.5 or below, ideally closer to 1.
    Also, if it has not been done, get your hemoglobin A1c levels tested.

7. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks WiniPooh and Malstrom.

@Malstrom, yes they checked my TSH but its 2.58 not below 2.5. But in the report it is given, its normal as it comes in the range 0.35 to 4.94. Hemoglobin is also done, which is also normal.

8. bhuvnabs

bhuvnabs Senior IL'ite

Hi msms,

Which doc are you consulting in Mysore?

9. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi bhuvnabs,

I was consulting at Apollo hospital and then Apollo clinic. But now I've taken a break and not consulting anyone. Do you know some good fertility center at Mysore?

10. vidyashankari

vidyashankari Platinum IL'ite

@msm

hi friend

please try jyothi fertilty clinic.
    i did my last ICSI there,though i miscarried at eight weeks i felt the doctor and the embryologist there are very good.

you can consult and decide for yourself.
    take care