PCOS trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasudeva84, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Vasudeva84

Vasudeva84 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am suffering with PCOS and trying to conceive. I was diagnosed with PCOS back one and half year ago. We were in US and now back to india. I was done with HSG and found a partial block in one of the Fallopian tube. I used Ayurvedic medicine for 3months before starting clomid medication( since I don't want to miss any chance)

We came back to india and since I didn't have my reports doctor asked me to undergo series of blood tests.

my report values are
    FSH 6.53mlU/mL
    LH. 3.86mlU/mL

prolactin,serum 18.25 ng/ml

testosterone ,free serum 2.03 pg/ml

T3, total 1.05 ng /ml
    T4, total 9.00ug/dL
    TSH 2.75ulU/mL

my doctor told me I am more or less ok

suggested me deviry tablets for with drawl bleeding. Metformin 50 mg and frolic acid tablets.

And goodova 50 mg tablets from 3rd to 7 th day

And asked me to come for follicular scan.

Is goodoova and clomid the same?

i am trying to lose weight.lost little since diagnosis.now (5.1 inch and 56.5 kg)
    earlier 62kg. By the way I am 30 yrs old

sorry for the very very long post.
    am I going in the right direction of treatment.(my lh:fsh are not 2:1or1:1, is any thing strange or mine is a special case)
    Any suggestion or advice would be very helpful.

thanks& regards,
    vasudeva.

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Vasudeva...your numbers look okay. And the medications are the same.

For pcod..the best way to overcome it is to cut out all versions of sugar from your food and focus on items which are on the low GI index. THey helped me considerably with yoga & aerobics to overcome the same. Metaformin is the old tab given, my doc prefers not to give the same and rec0mmends normal dietary changes instead.

Metaformin is essential an insulin regulator to help overcome the PCOD problem, but is a big old school and most practioners havnt seen too much success with that.

Hang in there...with the weight loss, things will automatically clear up and you will conceive! Best wishes...

3. Vasudeva84

Vasudeva84 New IL'ite

Hi WiniPooh,

Thank you so much for your reply. Will definitely focus on my sugar intake in fact trying to change my eating habits and include some form of exercise.

I strongly believe life style modification and weightloss will make things better. Of course stress management about fertility from in laws family will be big issue in every ones life.

Well it's time to focus only on necessary things.

thanks once again

vasudeva

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hey,
    Dont worry about the pcos thing.I have ample friends who have it and have got preggy within a month or two after marriage.Pcos is more of a lifestyle disease,and what you can do is, improve on daily habits.Cut down fatty food,along with junk.Stop all the bakery items its the worst form of diet for pcos .Eat everything in moderation. Exercise on a daily basis in case you are on the heavier side.Please note there is no cure for pcos.Metformin and all medication is given to control the symptoms of pcos.Provides some relief.The only thing that can control pcos is lifestyle modification.

5. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Vasudeva,

As someone who has battled PCOS for 7 yrs now, just wanted to tell u that following a balanced low GI diet and yoga is the way to go. Oats for breakfast with a lil bit of cinnamon powder really helped me. My fsh : lh ratio was 4:1 and I had to deal with obesity as well. But once I started the diet and yoga, all other parameters fell into place. I conceived on my 3rd iui, developed gestational diabetes during my pregnancy and had to follow an even stricter diet then! Once u start working on these aspects you can easily manage PCOS. Don't keep thinking that because of it you wont conceive. Take the necessary measures and forget abt the condition. Similarly forget abt your inlaws or anyone causing you grief. Relax and enjoy this time that you have now because believe me once the baby comes you are never gonna get a minute to spare. All the best to you and loads of baby dust your way.

6. Vasudeva84

Vasudeva84 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks Jayden and nikitaram for your words.
    i started my first Clomid round. Developed polyp in my endometrium . Doctor was surprised to see polyp as she didn't find it in previous scans.she said it is not possible for pregnancy this cycle .

she asked me to take transvaginal scan on second day of my period to check the polyp. She wants me to remove it and continue with second round.

did clomid cause polyp ( since polyp formation is due to excess estrogen)

if so I am scared that what if it happens again.

has any one undergone endometrial polyp removal .and continued fertility treatment.
    is it a clomid side effect?

plz help

7. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Vasudeva,
    I developed endometrial polyps during my second Iui cycle with tamoxifen( tablet similar to clomid often used for pcod cases). Fertility drugs can cause polyps especially if there is already a harmonal imbalance. Did not get a bfp that cycle. My doc also suggested polyp removal cause polyps can hinder implantation. I got a hysteroscopy done in the middle of my third iui cycle which was an injectible cycle. Hysteroscopy is a simple procedure done under general anaesthesia, no big deal. My third iui was successful so not sure if clomid will cause reappearance of polyps, you shud discuss this with your doc. Dont stress yourself out regarding the polyps , discuss all options with your doc. All the best!

8. nisharajchan

nisharajchan New IL'ite

Hi all,

Am new to this forum.. Please help me by sharing your ideas for PCOS. I gto married before 2 years and we dont have baby , the problem is with me, i have PCOS. doctor treated me with basic medicines one year but no luck. seconds year ovulation study has been done and found out the ovulation does not happen. Doctor started for FSH injections during 3,4,5 th days. still no luck. finally last month Ovarian drilling has been done. By october 18th OD was done. i havent received periods yet , it is more than 50 days now.Now prescribed with meprate tablets for 3 days. does it means ovulation has not happened ? Please suggest me , am longing for my baby.. :-(

My friends told me that when next cycle starts take drumstick leaves,strawberries for first 15 days ? will drumstick leaves help for ovulation?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  9. Vasudeva84

Vasudeva84 New IL'ite

Hello everyone.

Please help me by looking my case details.

As I was diagnosed with pcos I went for my first round of clomid round.

Developed a polyp .( I didn't have it as it was not present in my previous scan before clomid consumption)

dont not know whether it is side effect of it.

I got my period after 28 days and doctor asked me to come on 2nd day to look for polyp
    i went and here is the report.

1. Endometrium 6.9mm .Endometrium shows irregular outer line .ill defined structure noted in endometrial cavity measuring 7 mm, polyp.? Clot?

2 Right ovary
    AFC. On the surface of right ovary there is an anechoic 1.7*0.6cms structure

hydrosalphinx? Nature.

my questions are

1 hydrosalphinx is related to Fallopian tubes. But that structure is found on the surface of ovary.
    2. I didn't have these things before or it was not seen in previous scans. I really don't know.

is all this a clomid side effect?

is anechoic tissue caused due to an over stimulation

3.hydrosalphinx is caused by what?

my husband read it in Wikipedia and told its because of STD's

he is doubting my character.

i read in one of the posts that one of the user condition is Fallopian tubes block and unblock .

i want to end my life rather than bearing all this harrasement.

my husband is asking what is the reason for all the things?
    What should I do if clomid cause polyp in next round.

my doctor wants to remove polyp by laparoscopy and want to do hug to check the tubes.

4.what is the reason for Fallopian tube blockage as I have in one tube which was done in US?.

sorry for so many questions.

plz help.

Thanks in advance

10. zaynab

zaynab New IL'ite

Hi,

Even i have had the same problem.
    I have had normal cycles before marriage and even after that but after TTC treatments cycles started to delay n all kinds of issues.
    I also have had multiple clomid cycles and recently found that there is hydrosalphinx in the left side of overy.
    It was really sad to c that.
    But i dont know what was the reason for that neither did doc's say or were able to say what caused it.
    I had to undergot Laparoscopy to remove it.

Now its normal but still no signs.
    Sad about whats going on in my life.

But hold on, pray hard and keep up the hope, keep trying, InShaa Allah everything will be alright soon.

Please pray for me also as it soon going to be 3 yers and i amd still waiting.