Confused- No periods and Negative HPT

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pavitra177, Nov 27, 2014.

1. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

Dear IL
    Posting here for just venting out. I am 30 have been ttc for around a year but no success yet, so started consulting a gynaec (No PCOS, regular periods, Husbands tests normal)
    Last month i was on my first cycle of Clomid, had 2 21mm follicles in both ovaries each . Took the injection and ovulated on 7th November. Doc put me on 2 weeks of duphaston
    Stopped taking duphaston on 21st November. Did a today morning but was clear negative. Its been 6 days since i stopped duphaston and no periods yet and HPT is also negative
    I know i am clutching on to straws but is it possible that it could be false negative? Anyone has a similar experience

PS- I am meeting my gynaec again on sunday

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi pavitra....progesterone tabs tend to delay the onset of the AF by a few days...for some people upto about 10 days also. Did you do a HPT or a beta blood test? The HPT can sometimes show a false negative early in the cycle of the 2ww and later once the HCG levels cross a particular point show as positive. When going to an IUI/ IVF, it is always best to confirm the results using a beta HCG test, as even the most minute levels of the HCG would be indicated.

I do understand that the process is extremely frustrating and have gone through that for about 5 years. PLease remember that one IUI cycle isn't the end of the road and typically most ppl see success in IUI across 2 -4 cycles. Hang in there and be positive..thats a lot more important!

3. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am sure it will work out for me sooner or later :)

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I would say i am a bit hopeful for you,since i had always got my periods within a day or two after stopping duphaston.Better get a beta done at the earliest.:thumbsup

5. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

Wanted to update this thread and bring it to closure. I tested using a hpt on Saturday which is 22 dpo , it was negative again and no periods. Went to a doctor today 24dpo and she asked me to get beta hcg done.beta hcg says 156.7miu/ml. Hoping it means good news. Will be seeing the doctor again onthursday

and thank you everyone for all your support.

2 people like this.
  6. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Please don't worry..you will definitely give good news this time....Lots and lots of baby dust to you

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi pavi....that's a good # for a beta :) Hang in there....am sure all on track for more good news once you see the sac :) Trucks of baby dust for you...

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Good to know that beta, though low for 24dpo is still positive.I would insist the doctor to get the beta repeated every alternate day,to rule out an ectopic.Hoping that the pregnancy is at the right spot and sticks there.:thumbsup

9. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Hey Pavitra...wishing you Stickiest baby dust !! Hope everything is fine in there.
    Keep us posted.

10. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi pavithra,
    Any updates? Hope is everything is good at your end..