Difference between HSG and Laproscopic

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pihu123, Nov 20, 2014.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

I have already done my HSG Test and both the fallopian tubes are open in x-ray report..But as i am not able to conceive doctor asked me to go for Laproscopy..All other reports related to pregnancy are completely normal..no cysts...In Laproscopy what other organs the doctor is going to see...what is the difference between HSG and Laproscopic? can anyone give me detailed info...please...

2. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

46 views and no help...please help me...

3. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Have i written anything wrong? Why no one is replying?

4. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear pihu during the HSG test they pass a dye and take xray to see if both tubes are patent and the size of ovaries etc. In case of laparoscopy they make a small incision and insert a scope and check the uterus and fallopian tubes and also if it is diagnostic laporoscopy they may take endometrium tissue and send for biopsy to rule out uterine Tuberculosis and other problems. Now a days in india the rate of uterine tuberculosis has increased and it is one of the causes for implantation failures.

5. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks rajinit for your reply..My endometrium lining is also normal..According to you, do i need to undergo laproscopic...

6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear pihu my endometrium was also good and A grade but still had multiple failures so doc suspected uterine tb and asked me to undergo laproscopy and yes as per her suspicion i was diagnosed with uterine tb and had used medicines for 8 months. If your doctor suggests it then go for it. you ask her why she is recommending it and clarify before you decide.

7. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Pihu,
    Depend on ur medical history, You and your gynec have to decide whether lap is required or not even after hsg.
    In my case in hsg both my tubes showed open.after 2 well timed iui failures irrespective all good parameters made my gync to suspect and we proceeded to lap. There came a shock left tubal block and even could not remove the block thro milking.
    So discuss with ur gync and then decide dear

8. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Oh really...Then i should discuss with my Doctor..Thanks...So now your left tube is blocked...Are you on medication?

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi...was it lapro or hysteroscopy they you doc asked you to go through? ?

10. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

I went through [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] HSG test to see whether Fallopian tubes are open or not?[/FONT]