Clomid + IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Meghaa, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Hi All ,

I have irregular cycles and do not ovulate.
    We are now ready for Clomid + IUI this cycle.
    Please share any tips/suggestions you have.
    Keep me in your prayers. God knows I need support , but we have decided not to share the information with family.

Thank you,
    Meghaa

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Megha,
    I hope your doctor has planned to do your follicular study also towards ensuring that there is a track of your follicles growth. With climid, I have seen a few of my friends succeed in the 2nd attempt...and in some cases, the third. In my case, Clomid was a disaster and IUI didn't have any positive effect. Hope your doctor has put you and your hubby thro the necessary baseline tests to ensure they are in line .

Best of luck with your IUI cycle...hope it works for you! :)

3. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks Wini. yes ,a ll the baseline tests have been performed and a follicle scan is scheduled for CD12.
    We have been told that our chances are 10-12%. So I don't have my hopes too high......

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi...don't get disheartened. 10 to 12% is actually not at bad as it sounds if your baseline tests are fine. All you need is one sperm to fuse with a good egg...magic happens. Keep positive and follow your doctors advice...things will work out!

1 person likes this.
  5. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Dint get pregnant on the first round......Clomid worked - had 2 follicles (one on each ovary) , but AF was here as soon as CD25. Guess soon is good , so I can start round2.

My right eye was twitching a lot during first cycle. Today its twitching again. I dont have my hopes very high... Just going with the flow... trying not to think too much about it...

No one knows we are TTC except a couple of close friends..... Pressure from the family is only going up. Its getting harder and harder to have a normal conversation

6. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

The periods were extremely painful... Not sure if it was the clomid. I do have fibroids as well - but never had such painful periods....
    The week after ovulation , I was in severe pain- almost nauseous - due to gas.

Enjoying the few pain free days right now.... Tomorrow is follicle scan.

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Megha...sometimes the pain can be alittle more on account of the ovulation of multiple follicles and ofcourse the more delayed the periods, more the pain for the entire process of the AF.

Ignore the symptoms, believe me they just result in confusion and depression. Think positive and keep your mind off the entire thing during the 2ww.

While it is really painful for the family pressure, you need to learn to block it out. If you do not block out the tension and succumb to it, every cycle will be futile. Keep your mind clear and positive, that's the biggest plus in the entire process. And if the pressure gets too much, it would be important that you and your husband have a frank chat with your family and ask them to back off if they intend to have a next generation from you guys. I know it sounds little rude, but for people who push you to be under so much pressure, that's the only language most of them will understand. Bottomline, they are not helping in the process and only delaying it!

1 person likes this.
  8. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your kind words, WiniPooh. Keeps me going.

Trying to keep my mind off of everything the best I can......training myself not to take it personally..

But then, sometimes its hard 'coz it looks like its a simple, spontaneous , natural thing for most people... for me - it seems like this looong uncertain journey full of the unknown and very little control

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Life is about uncertainities...its the hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel that holds us through the journey! Hang in there...am sure things will work out!

Always believe that god is not cruel or mean...he just wants to make sure that you are in the right frame of mind for a beautiful bundle of joy. Best wishes!

10. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank You Wini.....

Had the scan yesterday. There was only one follicle this cystle and it is not big enough yet. Going back tomorrow.
    Doc said she will bump up the clomid if I need a 3rd cycle......