Positive pregnancy test after IVF treatment but wife is regularly bleeding.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vaj3000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. vaj3000

vaj3000 New IL'ite

Hi
    My wife recently got a positive pregnancy test after going through ICSI treatment. She got the positive test 2 weeks after embryo transfer. However she regularly passes small amounts of blood when she goes to the toilet. Today she said she found what looks like small clots. Although the bleeding is nominal it is concerning. Could anybody help as to what is going on?
    Any help would be gratefully received as we are going out our minds with worry.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vaj3000,

Welcome to IL :)

i have few friends who had bleeding on and off for first 3 months (natural pregnancy)The reason was excess blood from the uterus at times comes out like periods. But there will not be any harm for the baby.

As yours is a special case I would say without any delay meet your gynic immediately .
    i wish and pray everything goes fine and normal. KUP.

Good luck

3. aarth0203

aarth0203 Silver IL'ite

Please inform the doctor immediately. Have they prescribed any blood thinner injections? I was put on clexane injection after ET, I was bleeding after 3 days of positive pregnancy test. I called my RE and he told me to stop clexane and increased my progesterone dosage. He told me to resume Clexane after 2 days and again I started spotting. This time RE told me to stop it completely. I am running 28th week now. Please do not panic, sometimes its the medication that may cause, but inform the doctor without delay.

4. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

Call your Doc/RE immediately, clots are not normal, though brown discharge is small quantities is ok

5. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Vaj,
    Whats important after any conception is to ensure that the bleeding is a minimum. If this is happening a touch more regular, its important that your doctor be informed on the same on priority basis. Typically if its a case of a hemorrhage internally (which happens for a lot of women esp if they are on the heavier side/ pCOS case, etc), its important that your doctor places her on blood thinners for a fixed duration, which will ensure that these hemorrhages passes thro freely if already present and ensure that there are no further instances of the same during the pregnancy journey. For some people, it could also be a reaction to the medication she is already on or the blood thinners in place after the ET.

Either which ways, its important that your doctor be informed on this and the necessary action be prescribed after due review & consultation.

Best wishes to your wife and hope she has a smooth and comfortable pregnancy go forward!