help..Question regarding short cycles

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by magicwand007, Oct 19, 2014.

1. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

This is my first post in IL :).This is really a great website with a-z info on every topic.
    I have a small nagging worry these days and this is due to my short menstrual cycle.
    I am 27 yrs old.I was on the pill for 4 months and then stopped taking it.After coming off the pill i got AF immediately(when i was supposed to get it).

My cycles have always been short i.e about 22/23/24 days and after coming off the pill it has been 30,22,25,22 days.We are still not ttc but planning to next year but I am worried that my short cycles will either prevent me from conceiving or result in miscarriage:-( .

I am not 100% sure when I ovulate but I think it is on cd8/cd9.
    Could anyone with short cycles please let me know if they have conceived naturally and were able to carry the pregnancy succesfully.

Please let me know.It would be a great help as it would put my mind to rest.Otherwise I am just planning to consult a doctor once.

TIA guys.

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi magicwand...most people have cycles of an average of 26 - 30 days. There are some people who have shorter cycles too. A gynec would be worried only if your cycles go through a dramatic change say from 22 days moves to 34 days and wouldn't be too concerned if your cycles have been consistent for a while on the 22 - 24 days range.

The best way to put to rest your fears is that when you guys decide to start a family that to visit a good gynec and run through all the basic tests and have a session discussing all your fears. This will help rest your mind and reassure you before you get started.

3. magicwand007

Thanks winipooh:)...You made me feel better..yaa I will make sure to visit a gynec and go through the tests...
    Thanks once again

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Magicwand,

I have a friend who had extremely short cycles like 23 days.She conceived in the 3rd month of her marriage :) .I would though ask you to chart your temperature,in order to find out your ovulation date as well as the length of your luteal phase.Your luteal phase has to be minimum of 10 days,if less it means you have a progesterone deficiency.There is a possibility that your cycles are erratic since you have just got off the pill.Let your body get to its normal phase and start charting.I am sure there's nothing to worry about.

5. magicwand007

Thanks Jaden...:)...It is so good to hear about your friend:)..
    I should also start charting..till now was postponing it coz my sleep cycle is erratic(I sleep at 1,getting up at 7 AM and again sleeping till 10 AM :O)