IVF in Chennai ?!?!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by adhu123, Oct 10, 2014.

1. adhu123

adhu123 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I'm 26 years old and i've been married for 3 years now. My ttc is 2 years and there has been no signs of pregnancy yet. I visited a gynec , he said that both my eggs and my husbands part were in good condition . But we are still not able to conceive . He suggested that we do IUI , but I wasn't interested since it was more of an artificial way and IVF is more nautral . And i'm not happy with the facilities at the present place . Suggest me a good place to do IVF in Chennai

2. Sadhana29

Sadhana29 New IL'ite

Hi adhu ,
    Your still young and that's great . Your eggs will be in good condition . well about your question , I have a friend who did her IVF at Srushti fertility centre . They have shown good results over the years . I've also heard that they have a very high success rate in IVF with about 55 % . Their Cheif doctor Dr.Samundi Sankari is quite popular , you can check out in the internet .There are other hospitals too like apollo , preshant , etc. Well, wish you luck hon , you'll be in my prayers :))

3. adhu123

adhu123 New IL'ite

hi sadhana ,
    ya i browsed the internt . She does hav great experince in IVF . I think i'll visit the clinic :)

Thanks a lot :)

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Adhu,

Welcome to IL :)

IUI is more of artificial way and IVF is natural ?????
    Hope you are clear with the procedures .
    Good luck dear

5. adhu123

adhu123 New IL'ite

IVF is more of a nautral selection and in IUI a particular sperm is selected and made to fertilize with the egg , is what i meant

6. argee

argee Senior IL'ite

I'm sorry but I think you've got it all mixed up. IUI is more natural than IVF.

7. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

IVF is more natural than IUI,?????? No way i think u hv got mixed up with IUI, IVF and ICSI

IUI-washed sperms is inseminated simplest for of ART
    IVF-eggs collected and washed sperms added and fertilized outside in a culture medium
    ICSI-eggs collected and embryologist would select 1 sperm and penetrate that into the egg

pls check with the clinic for the procedure, there is a sky high difference/variation in the cost for the 3 procedures

8. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Adhu123,
    Think you have been misinformed. The IUI procedure is only a stimulation of your follicles to ensure good eggs (more than one ideally) are created and then have the sperm placed in uterus to ensure that the sperm has to make minimum effort to fuse after the ovulation. The IVF process includes stimulation with more injections than the IUI procedure, extraction of the eggs, selection of the best eggs and then fusing them with sperm in a petri dish. This is then transferred back in the same procedure used in the IUI process (just that this happens in an OT, while the IUI procedure can happen even in your doctors room).

Hope this clarifies on the process.

To your next question with regards to possibly whats going wrong ....While your doctor might have done the baseline checks for both of you, has he done the DNA fragmentation index (DFI) and survival tests? If the range of the scores for the DFI is on the higher side, IUI success % drops from 24% (cumulative across 5 cycles) to less than 2% and survival after 48 hours needs to also be a decent % if your egg takes a touch more time for fuse. Further, the # of head defects also will impact the penetration of the sperm into the egg for the next steps.

Suggested next steps.....
    No doctor will agree to jump to IVF without trying the IUI route...purely becoz its the first step in any fertility treatment. After 4 - 5 cycles of the IUI, this then gets stepped up to IVF/ ICSI. If the doctor goes agree to jump to IVF straight, I would be very very concerned about him/ her, coz everyone knows the its the wrong protocol to be followed especially considering all your baseline information is fine and would know its driven by the money angle (IUI costs 20k max per cycle, while IVF cost can range from 90k to 1.8L....and note both costs are without the stimulation injections and other medicines).

Would recommend that you first do not panic...you are just 26 years old and the process of TTC doesn't work overnight for all. Are you sure that you are having relations are the right timing with your ovulation? If not, get that in place and try for a while...if Yes, then take the next step to check things with your doctor. I do understand that the pressure from family and society is horrible, but please don't hit the panic button and go down a route without taking the necessary basic steps.

1 person likes this.
  9. adhu123

adhu123 New IL'ite

Hello everyone ,
    I totally get it . When I said IVF IS MORE NATURAL , i meant that the sperm that enters the egg is God chosen and not done by the embryologist's hands . I want the selection of the sperm to be a natural selection process and I don't want it to be chosen by the embryologist and penetrated into the sperm . Anyways , thanks for all your replies :)

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

IVF+ICSI is where a single sperm is injected into the egg.
    In regular IVF and IUI, the sperm finds the egg on it's own.
    There is nothing 'natural' about these methods, as the body is given high doses of hormones. IUI is less invasive than IVF.
    IVF will be the recommended straight away if there are male infertility issues. Otherwise IUI will be the first course of action.