Positive or Negative?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutiepie66, Oct 7, 2014.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

My cousin is trying to conceive. She checked with pregnancy test twice. It came positive both the times. But when the doctor took ultrasound, nothing was seen. Today is her 45th day. She has given for hcg as well and waiting for the results. She is confused and tensed. Any suggestions and clarifications would really help her,

2. divyamsriram

divyamsriram Bronze IL'ite

Has her BHCG been done? If the numbers are over 1200-1500, the doctor should be able to see a sac in the ultrasound. If not, the doctor should check for ectopic.

3. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cutiepie,

For some people it might take time to see the sac (based on when she as ovulated ). BHCG test clears everything dear . I wish and pray the result should be on her favour.

Good luck

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Cutie.. ask your cousin to relax....that's the most important aspect while going thro this phase. If she had been a blood test the beta levels will confirm a pregnancy. Obviously the real thing is seeing the g sac..which is visible once the beta hcg levels cross 1300. Ask her to start her consultation with a good doc ....relax and pray. Everything will be fine...think positive!

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

cutiepie

Sometimes when it's too early in the pregnancy, nothing will be visible even in a trans-vaginal ultrasound. It happened to me, I got a positive on a pregnancy test and I was barely 4 weeks and nothing was seen in the U/S. It was only when I was around 6 weeks when we saw a little flicker. Of course, the Beta HCG in the meantime is a good indicatir to confirm the pregnancy. Ask her to relax and wait for some more time.

Good luck!

6. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    The Beta should be repeated ,and has to be doubling.Please get it repeated at least three times to rule out an ectopic.Again sometimes even with ectopic beta gets doubled,in my case it happened.So get beta done till the time its not visible on the ultrasound.